What's new

Paradigm Cinima 110 CT (1 Viewer)

satishK

Grip
David, My main concern was the drivers, what the monitors & cc-370 have is different from the atoms & titans and was wondering if there will be any mismatch ?

I went with the intension of having the below setup

Monitor 3 for main
CC-370 for center
Titans for surrounds

But when they told me the drivers for titans are different, thats when I got confused ..:frowning: but they did not say that titans are bad, but just that there will be a little mismatch.

Pls let me know

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
Your correct the drivers in the Titans are different from the other speakers you have listed.

Titans, Atom, Phatoms, are in the Performance line. The Monitor line has the Minis, Monitor 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. and the CC-370. If you want a matching system you would get all the speakers from the same line.

However, with your budget limits I would get the front concentrate on the front end of your system. Basing it around the CC-370. Start with that speaker, and get the Mini's for mains. You could use the Atoms for surrounds and you will never nontice it when watching movies. They will blend just fine as surrounds. Then, when you can afford it move up to the Mini's for surrounds.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Yes, I had suggested Titans for surrounds because it is much harder to differentiate fine detail in the surrounds than it will be from the front three. That's not to say the surrounds aren't important, because they are, but within your budget, you're better off getting the best front three speakers you can now and worry about the surround later.

I would also sit and listen to the minis vs the phantoms again. Make sure they are both using the same crossover, same sub, same settings. Bring some music you know very well. If you still prefer phantoms, then go with the phantoms, more power to you. But technically, the monitor line is a superior speaker.

satishK

Grip
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate your suggestions and guidance in helping me get a good system. Thanks a lot.

I am going to 6 ave today to make some changes again after our discussion:

Now from the below 2 setups, pls let me know which one I should go for :

Setup A:
Monitor3 for mains
CC-370 for center
Titans for surrounds (not much price diff between atoms)
PS-1000 Subwoofer

OR

Setup B:
MiniMonitor for Mains
CC-370 for center
MiniMonitors for Surrounds
PS-1000 Subwoofer

Which setup would be better....,

Setup B will cost me more than Setup A

Pls let me know

SteveCallas

Second Unit
I'd stay away from the Monitor 3s - their driver is bigger than the CC and may not be perfectly timbre matched. Bang for the buck:

Mini Monitor mains
CC-370 center
Titan surrounds
PS1000 sub

You could go Mini's for surrounds, but will you be able to notice a difference?

satishK

Grip
Ok got it,

So the mains can be either MiniMonitors or Monitor5's as the drivers match with the CC-370...., If I am getting any good discounts will try the 5's else stick to Mini's..

Hope the monitor 5's are good ?

Any suggestions on which stands to go for ??

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I wouldn't use the stands that they offer at 6 ave.... You can really use anything that matches nicely with your furniture....I have alot of stuff from Ikea... So I bought some nice stools that blend nicely with my furniture and were super cheap..like $20 for both. Just make sure that the tweeter of your speaker as at ear level when you are sitting down in your listening position and everything should be good to go....by the way you BETTER post how this system sounds when youre all done and setup....hehe

satishK

Grip
Once I get hold of the system, I will surely post my experience :)

So as far as the HT system is concerned, my setup will be

----------------------------------
Mini Monitor mains
CC-370 center
Titan surrounds
PS1000 sub
Yamaha RX-V1500
Toshiba 57H84

(There will be no change- thats the final- I fully agree to your suggestions)
-----------------------------------

Now my final confusion is about which DVD player to go for within the $150, pls let me know some model numbers. I will be using it for both audio and video, so for video just want to be sure it does not freeze.... If you know of any models which 6ave carry that will be a plus:) for me to go for.

Pls let me know on the DVD player model numbers..

Thanks

wilborn f

Agent
Currently i have the following set up which is quite close to yours:

Mains : Mini Monitor
Center : CC370
Surround: ADP 170

I chose the ADP 170 for the simple reason that a bipole/dipole configuration in my surrounds give me a more theater-like feeling(although that is defenitely based on my own preference).

If you really wanted a theater like feeling, i agree with the others that you really have to invest in a good subwoofer to fill in the explosions and other action effects. Originally, i prefer the tower speakers of the monitor series but after realizing that the sub is a vital cog in my set up, i just settled for a Mini and diverted my funds to a good sub.

I also agree with the others that an SVS is a phenomenal sub, but since online purchasing is not advisable to overseas buyers, i just settled with an M&K dual 12" sub.

One thing is sure, you will never go wrong with a Paradigm set up.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Satish...http://www.oppodigital.com you can't go wrong....you'll get carp at $150 in 6ave...and your Tosh DLP does not deserve that( I own one too).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks