What's new

OTA problems (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
So i canceled cable and thought everything was fine was getting local channels ota fine cable was cut off i checked and had switched it to ota on the tv now those channels arent coming in except for channel two and its blurry does anyone have any ideas what happened? also sound doesnt work now.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Are you running with some kind of antenna/TV receiver for the OTA signal?

Doesn't state in your questions what you are actually attempting to do here...what hardware you have and what area of the country you are trying to get the signal in.

You might just have to get an antenna.

I went for an OTA antenna - and had to do a signal check/move antenna for the various channels in the area. When they came in, worked great - but there were some I just could not get...

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
No antenna just cable coming out of wall to tv thats it was working find and now today gone with no sound on the one channel i can still see a pic on

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Why would it work fine with sound before and now a pic does come in but is blurry without one?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe the cable company decided to scramble the line. I told you they could do that when you cut the cord.

Not every company bothers scrambling...cause it costs money to do so.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
So you were getting ota channels through your coax cable connection after you cancelled cable? Most likely that was an oversight by the cable company which they later corrected. I would be surprised if they intentionally were providing you with any channels for free.

You need to get an antenna to pick up over the air channels.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Ya I was but it was only like 12 of them locals mostly which is what confused me. But I plan on it just hadn't figured which one I get. And worries it won't work at the apartment and by the airport

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
You can go here - put in your zip code - and see what channels you have the ability to get once you add an antenna....

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

Site is fairly good and accurate - but has the following noted:
"Signal strength calculations are based on the traditional TV reception model assuming an outdoor antenna 30 feet above ground level. Indoor reception may vary significantly."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks