What's new

Onkyo Reciever Question.............. (1 Viewer)

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of questions actually. First of all, does anyone know what the crossover setting of the 494 is? I'll be getting a subwoofer in the near future (finnally got the wife to approve!), and I need to know, but can't find the answer anywhere.

Does anyone know what it is or where to look?

And for question #2, I'm also looking in upgrading the reciever (EVENTUALLY, not within the next 4 months), but I want to start my research now, so I know what I'm saving for.

What is the current favorite? Why? I want to have 6.1 sound on it as well as enough digital inputs (PS2, CD player, DVD, & possible computer input). Component video switching would be nice, but is not a requirement. Must have DTS ES discrete (sp?).

I'm just looking around right now, and want some suggestions. Thanks!!...........Wil

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Wil,

I believe it is 100Hz. Usually when the X-over is not emphasized and is non-adjustable in any receiver it is 100Hz. There are exceptions of course.

Try looking at the manual under speaker setup. There is usually a giveaway text such as "if your speakers are capable of reproducing bass below ... Hz set them to Large. If not set them to Small." This is likely the only way to determine any crossover if it is not adjustable...otherwise X-over options would be specified.

David Cohen

Agent
The crossover on the 494 is fixed at 80Hz, as it is on all of the non-adjustable DD/DTS Onkyo receivers of the past few years.

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Paul & David, Thanks!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to my question #2 above? Thanks!.............Wil

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Wil
For question number two think the forum is going to need your budget limitations before you get a meaningful answer.

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, lets say no more that $600 US. I'm sorry, I guess I forgot to put that in my post. :D..........Wil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks