What's new

Onkyo receiver inputs (1 Viewer)

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
In taking a look at the Onkyo receivers, I noted that rather than labelling inputs VCR, TV, SAT..., they are labelled Video 1, Video 2... Can the inputs be renamed so they will appear on the screen as VCR, TV... or can they only show up with the Video x name?
Thanks.

AllenD

Second Unit
They can not be renamed on my 696, sorry.
Sean,
You might want to read through your manual for this feature. I know my old 787 had it. The 696 came out after the 787 and it's hard for me to imagine that ONKYO would skimp out on such a feature. I've renamed inputs to whatever I wanted to on my old 787. I'm only guessing now since I've replaced the 787 with a DTR 7.2 that I had up to eight characters to rename an input to whatever I want. For example, my HTPC was connected to the digital coax 1 and assigned it to the Video 1 button. I then renamed Video 1 as "HTPC/DVD." I could also rename FM or AM stations that was saved in memory.

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. I checked out Onkyo's website again and found that they have the manuals available online. In reviewing TX-DS696 manual, I couldn't find any mention of renaming the inputs. I was able to find it in the manuals for the TX-DS787 and TX-DS989.

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
...which I'm guessing means that the 797 I'm hopefully getting this weekend can rename them too. I was actually wondering this same thing. Good question! :)
-Seth
------------------
My Home Theatre

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks