What's new

Onkyo TX-NR626 Pops when changing inputs (1 Viewer)

iwarren41

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
Onkyo TX-NR626 Pops when changing inputs

Onkyo TX-NR626 Pops when changing inputs
Hello. I have had my Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver for 8 years now and it has worked flawlessly. Last week I turned it on and noticed a single pop (more like a bass thud) sound was occurring every time I switched inputs. Upon investigation, I discovered the thud was coming only from the front right speaker. I reversed the front right wires to front left and the issue transferred to the left speaker so I know the issue is with the front right channel of the receiver. Aside from the single, loud thud, the speaker and channel seem to be working fine once the sound comes through.

Anyone ever experience this problem? Any ideas on Potential solutions? Is there a risk of damaging the receiver further if I continue to use it as is?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Strange problem. I've heard of this sort of thing occurring during initial power on but never every time inputs are switched. I won't even offer a guess as to what might be going on and it doesn't really matter because, as the saying goes, "no user serviceable parts inside."

I would just give it a factory reset (procedure below) and see what that gets you. While I don't think you're in danger of damaging your speakers it's an older model so probably time to consider a replacement down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks