What's new

Onkyo ht-r695 turning itself off (1 Viewer)

Legion

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Hey guys.

Quick question, haven't used my surround sound for a while but today thought I'd give it whirl.
Turned it on at the mains, then the system and everything OK for about 5mins then it turned off.
Turned it back on again and it turned itself off.
Now every time I turn it on all I get is the volume display then it turns off.
Anyone know why? And any advice of how to fix it?
Thanks 😊

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh... so many things that could be. The two most likely are a general failure (as in, it's dying. Most likely the power supply.) or a fault. The fault would most likely be speaker wiring that's wrong in some way, most likely some strands that are contacting the other pole. Meaning, a wire from + is touching -, or the other way around.

Lack of ventilation is also possible.

Legion

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Oh... so many things that could be. The two most likely are a general failure (as in, it's dying. Most likely the power supply.) or a fault. The fault would most likely be speaker wiring that's wrong in some way, most likely some strands that are contacting the other pole. Meaning, a wire from + is touching -, or the other way around.

Lack of ventilation is also possible.
Thanks for replying.
I will have to check the wiring, but like I say it was OK then just turned off.
Was actually thinking of selling it as I don't use it much.
Thanks again.

Legion

Agent
Real Name
Scott
I don't know if I'll get a reply on this thread, but I'll try anyway.
Firstly, Happy New Year to you all!!
OK, I've tried the above and I've watched YouTube clips to try and get my system back up and running.... no joy.
However, today I tried it and got an error code: NG! Now I've read this means it's dead. But I've persevered and now I've got this code: NG: RSLSRBLBR
And (looking at the TV) the right side speaker crackled after doing a diagnostic.
Now I can not turn the system on, well it turns on for a second then turns itself off!
Anyone got any advice?? Many thanks

Attachments

• 20240101_150800.jpg
    20240101_150800.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks