What's new

Old Denon Turntable - Need New Cartridge (1 Viewer)

jazzman

Auditioning
Real Name
Sal
Hi,

Have a Denon turntable, model D45F, that I need to replace the cartridge. Have not been able to find a compatible cartridge, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sal

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm a bit rusty on this, but what I can find is the Denon DP-45F used a DL60 or 65 moving magnet cartridge,

I'm guessing that specific is no longer available, but i have read a several people running that TT with variations of the Denon DL110/160/300/301 though those are all Moving Coil cartridges so it depends on the rest of your equipment and I understand that those are somewhat preamo sensitive.. Also quite a few people seem to like it with the Shure V15 MkIV, but I'm not sure those are availalble any longer either

It appears that a wide variety of MC and MM cartridges could actually work, but some TT aren't always easily cross compatible.

Honestly I'd opt for having someone good install whatever cartridge properly since I never got the hang to doing it right.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Hi,

Have a Denon turntable, model D45F, that I need to replace the cartridge. Have not been able to find a compatible cartridge, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sal
Can you post a photo of your turntable, including tonearm? It would be easier to make a recommendation that way.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Audio Advice just published an article on all the different cartridges Ortofon makes. You might check with their sales depart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks