What's new

OK.......girlfriend thread...... (1 Viewer)

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Jon_Welker: You got it. When I met my last girlfriend, one of the first things she learned was not to touch my gear. And now that she's my wife, she still doesn't go near it. :)

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Jon_Welker: You got it. When I met my last girlfriend, one of the first things she learned was not to touch my gear. And now that she's my wife, she still doesn't go near it. :)

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Cam:

I had a similar situation in a much more complicated set-up (7.1, 2 subs, separate SACD and DVD-A players, etc.) and I finally ended up taking the whole thing apart and setting it up like I was putting it together for the first time. This helped me isolate an intermittently bad cable :angry: ...

You might want to try the same thing.

John

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Cam:

I had a similar situation in a much more complicated set-up (7.1, 2 subs, separate SACD and DVD-A players, etc.) and I finally ended up taking the whole thing apart and setting it up like I was putting it together for the first time. This helped me isolate an intermittently bad cable :angry: ...

You might want to try the same thing.

John

Adil M

Supporting Actor
You should make sure your DVD input is set to the correct toslink connection on the back. W/ HK (by old memory)
1. Press Dig Select and cycle through until you get sound, Tos 1 or Fiber optic 1,2,3,4)
2. Check the menu of your dvd player and make sure it has digital output on.
3. It might be a messed up wire, but if you are getting video and sound from the dvd player through the tv then the issue is the connection from the DVD to the Receiver.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
You should make sure your DVD input is set to the correct toslink connection on the back. W/ HK (by old memory)
1. Press Dig Select and cycle through until you get sound, Tos 1 or Fiber optic 1,2,3,4)
2. Check the menu of your dvd player and make sure it has digital output on.
3. It might be a messed up wire, but if you are getting video and sound from the dvd player through the tv then the issue is the connection from the DVD to the Receiver.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Shiu

Second Unit
It doesn't sound like you GF has anything to do with this. I think Adil has a point; you may have selected/or assigned the wrong input inadvertently while tweaking it. Do what Adil suggested first, if that's not it, try another optical cable. That AVR7200 is a real monster; so many things to play with and so powerful, make sure you keep it well ventilated though, congratulations!

Shiu

Second Unit
It doesn't sound like you GF has anything to do with this. I think Adil has a point; you may have selected/or assigned the wrong input inadvertently while tweaking it. Do what Adil suggested first, if that's not it, try another optical cable. That AVR7200 is a real monster; so many things to play with and so powerful, make sure you keep it well ventilated though, congratulations!

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Guys....thanks for all the advice, & I am about to get back at it again, but one thing.

I just got the 7200 & hooked it up Wednesday thanks to help from ya'll & everything was working fine (dang these things are childproof, lmao).

She moved the tv back & now I get no sound from the DVD through the receiver.

So, it WAS working prior to being moved.

There are only 4 cables into the 7200 not counting
speaker wires. Everything is tight, so I am going to go buy a new optical cable as that is the only link from DVD to receiver.

It just keeps flashin "L" "R" speakers on the front display.
I might just not know how to work the thing, but I had turned it on & off several times looking at scenes from
multiple DVD's.

Please keep suggestions coming.......:)

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Guys....thanks for all the advice, & I am about to get back at it again, but one thing.

I just got the 7200 & hooked it up Wednesday thanks to help from ya'll & everything was working fine (dang these things are childproof, lmao).

She moved the tv back & now I get no sound from the DVD through the receiver.

So, it WAS working prior to being moved.

There are only 4 cables into the 7200 not counting
speaker wires. Everything is tight, so I am going to go buy a new optical cable as that is the only link from DVD to receiver.

It just keeps flashin "L" "R" speakers on the front display.
I might just not know how to work the thing, but I had turned it on & off several times looking at scenes from
multiple DVD's.

Please keep suggestions coming.......:)

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
OK guys.....I hooked the optical up to my old receiver &
headphones.......worked great.....:frowning:

So, something got screwed up on my set-up.

How do I get the 5 speaker set-up (as opposed to just L/R) to light up on my
front control panel of the 7200.....

anybody.......????

I get no sound out of headphones or any speakers.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
OK guys.....I hooked the optical up to my old receiver &
headphones.......worked great.....:frowning:

So, something got screwed up on my set-up.

How do I get the 5 speaker set-up (as opposed to just L/R) to light up on my
front control panel of the 7200.....

anybody.......????

I get no sound out of headphones or any speakers.

StephenHa

Second Unit
flashing l & r, could the speakers button be pressed? sounds like it's trying to say something there

StephenHa

Second Unit
flashing l & r, could the speakers button be pressed? sounds like it's trying to say something there

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I quess it is trying to say something...maybe....
"Cam....You're an idiot"....lmao

Only heard a few "pops" cycling through when it hit
"analog" signal.

I guess I call somebody Monday to turn on my
stereo.......I feel like such a dumbass.

Anybody here in Houston wanna make a housecall?? :frowning:

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I quess it is trying to say something...maybe....
"Cam....You're an idiot"....lmao

Only heard a few "pops" cycling through when it hit
"analog" signal.

I guess I call somebody Monday to turn on my
stereo.......I feel like such a dumbass.

Anybody here in Houston wanna make a housecall?? :frowning:

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Cam,

I looked up the manual for that unit, and the troubleshooting guide lists "Letters flash in the channel indicator display and digital audio stops" as one of the problems. The solution is to check that the digital input is selected and/or "Resume play for DVD". Double check the digital in assignments in the setup screens, and the settings in the DVD player itself.

HTH

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Cam,

I looked up the manual for that unit, and the troubleshooting guide lists "Letters flash in the channel indicator display and digital audio stops" as one of the problems. The solution is to check that the digital input is selected and/or "Resume play for DVD". Double check the digital in assignments in the setup screens, and the settings in the DVD player itself.

HTH

-Robb

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
In addition what Robb Roy said, check if the optical cable is not bad, after putting the TV back that u didn't break the fiber optic, get another cable or just check if you can see light from the receiver side of the cable

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
In addition what Robb Roy said, check if the optical cable is not bad, after putting the TV back that u didn't break the fiber optic, get another cable or just check if you can see light from the receiver side of the cable

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks