What's new

ohm loads (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I've recently picked up a Denon AVR3600 receiver for my secondary setup. I wanted to hook up my HKTS6s, (8 ohms), in 5.1 and my Celestion DL6s (I think 8 ohms, have had them almost 20 years and rear labels are long gone, along with owner's manual) in zone 2. I remember years ago having my Celestions hooked up to my roommate's old Pioneer receiver (late 70s vintage), along with his pair (I don't remember the type), and we didn't look at things like ohms. We just hooked them up, pressed A+B, fired up the system and ran it for years. According to the Denon manual, if I install two separate speakers in the A and B binding posts, I have to run 16 ohm speakers. I've never seen such things (though they exist, I'm sure). Will I blow up my receiver and/or speakers if I plug them both in?

I had a similar thread in the receiver forum but I realized it might be better in here. Sorry about the duplication.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It would be best to get an outboard speaker selector from Radio Shack or Niles. You can connect both speakers then, and it will make sure the receiver sees the proper load.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks