What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

***Official Survivor: Amazon Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
And look where that got her. LOL!
Exactly! Look at where Rob ended up as well.
I just hope that go ahead and do a "best of" Survivor show. Take all of the most interesting players from the previous shows, shove them on an island and let them duke it out for a million dollars. At least we would get to see Rob in action with the likes of Richard Hatch. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Micheal, that (a "best of" season) is what they're currently doing in Sweden, when I read that I was hoping they'll do the same thing here. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone substantiate that Heidi got fired from her school teacher job. Someone elswhere posted that a local radio station reported this tidbit.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
"Best of" would be fun. Winners would get automatic pass and then just select other interesting players.

Default(6):
Richard
Vecepia
Brian
Ethan
Tina
Jenna

Others(10 - 5 men and 5 women):
Rob
Colby
Rudy
Lex
Matt or John (season 4)

Susan
Christy
Elizabeth
Jerri
Kathy

Just people I'd like to see play the game again. Not balanced by episode or anything.

OT

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

I said the same thing last night.

Two CBS goofs that I noticed. I too saw Jenna's name on Rob's vote through the parchment. Also, while the final three were painting themselves, they cut away to Jenna talking to the camera about the whole painting ritual. She still had remnants of the paint on her face. The interview had to be post-tribal council, because she was pretty much cleaned up. That meant that she was still on the island and one of the final two.

Heidi - All made up and looking like someone from a Poison video. That speech she made before she got voted off proves that someone else took her IQ test. A mastermind she never was. I think she used the word "adore" a little too emphatically.

Dave - What a horrible question, and bitter as all hell. Bottle rocket scientist maybe.

Christy - ???? and PS her pits were hairy from day one.

Rob - He's the best player I have seen in the six seasons, but he's definitely schizo. I can understand that he was pissed becasue he really played the game well but to say he wanted to pick none of the above was idiotic. As much as he guided Matt, Matt was loyal to him and Rob would have never gotten to # 3 without him. I guess after you get voted off, you get all-you-can-eat sour grapes. For 38 days he epitomized what the Survivor game was about. It was incredible to watch him. He was the puppet master. On day 39, by voting for Jenna, he showed that some men can be turned into infants by a flip of the hair and a little flattery.

Butch - I have no problem with the way he played. As a school principal you figure that he has to be pretty intelligent. I think the fire was played up to appear like it was his fault. That whole fire shelter apparatus was a time bomb. Dry palm fronds for the roof? That dancing stuff should have been left off camera though!

Alex - Should have been selected for Survivor Thailand. He would have fit in perfectly with the entire whiney, unappealing, annoying cast. Possibly the worst player to make it the farthest in any of the six seasons. he sealed his own fate when he told Rob, a member of his own alliance, that he would vote him off before the girls. Idiot! Alex stated before the final vote that he wanted the final two people to look him in the and tell him that they lied. Matt confessed that he lied to Alex to save his own skin, then backed up his statement by saying he realized that he wasn't as morally righteous as he once thought. Alex still voted for Jenna. Hypocrite and a sell out.

Deena - Not much to say about her. She was a decent player who screwed up by trusting Rob. He burned her.

Matt - Most deserving of the final two, IMO second only to Rob. He did say some dumb things and the psycho "act" was almost his demise. I started rooting for him when he became the underdog, and I think he showed his intelligence by making the "secret alliance with Jenna, although she almost stabbed him while they were on the perch.

Jenna - I kept thinking back to the episode where she, Alex Heidi and Rob were lying in the sun giggling while the three minority members worked around them. Whenever she was in the catbird seat, she was happy and giddy. When Alex and Heidi were voted off, she was downright manic. My wife pointed out that the balance challenge worked to her advantage. Balance is something women are physiologically better built for. I must give her credit for winning the maze challenge though.

All in all, Survivor 6 was a huge step up from Thailand. I like the guys-girls split tribes to start. I think the cast of characters were better as a whole than most of the other seasons. I just can't understand the final vote.

I'm ready for a best of Survivor series. Have an on-line poll to vote for your top 16 contestants over the last six seasons. Richard Hatch, Ethan, Rob Colby, Tina, Jerri, Nehlea, Kelly etc..

Ralph

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Did anyone notice that Matt and Jenna were all hugged up? I know that sometimes Survivors are a little 'touchy feely' but they seemed to be doing a little more than friendly touching.

Does anyone have any information or any thoughts on this?

djb

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, yes, a few of us did mention the "closeness/hand-holding" that was going on between Matt and Jenna (a few pages ago).

Jenna will be on the Howard Stern show tomorrow, so maybe Howard will get the 411 on any romantic scuttlebutt.

--------

As far as an All-Star Survivor season, I'm hoping the Robfather and Sean would be on it as well. They were hilarious.

If we needed a lunkhead, Robb or Silas would fit the bill.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
One more thing I forgot...

Matthew nearly scorched his face off during that whole Viking Funeral thing, not to mention possibly endangering flammable portions of the rainforest!

Since this was before the final vote, what would've happened if he'd had to leave the show for emergency medical treatment? If there's nothing left but the voting, and you manage to take yourself out of the game in this way, do you lose?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Rich, yeah, you lose if you leave, no matter how you leave, as I understand it.

Rob needs to get a permanent job in the "Survivor" staff. Maybe he should host next year's version? :)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Micheal, that (a "best of" season) is what they're currently doing in Sweden, when I read that I was hoping they'll do the same thing here.:)
Sweet! I really hope they end up doing something like that here as well. I would love to see some of these egos go head to head and see who would become The Ultimate Survivor!:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They should make two teams for a "best of" season: one team of the second place contestants and another team of the first-voted-out contestants. That would be interesting.

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
A "Best of" would be interesting and I'm sure, a ratings coup. All the winners, plus all the number 2's would be fair, and then a viewer poll to fill out the 18 (or even 20 for this one).

I'd personally love to see Burn Victim Michael and that Fighter Pilot, forget his name, the one who called the others blockheads, get a second chance.

Someone call CBS and get this done! Anyone know Probst's email?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Weird coincidence that the next Survivor is in the Pearl Islands and the Pirates of the Caribbean movie is the "Curse of the Black Pearl". I've never heard of the Black Pearl islands before and now they're showing up everywhere.

In the movie, the Black Pearl is a ship. I don't think the islands have the word "black" in the name, so there's really not much coincidence.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
And the title of the show should be changed to High School Summer Camp Popularity Contest.

*sniff* ... that was hilarious.

Yah... I also wanna know what's up with Matt & Jenna being all touchy... not to mention the question if Heidi is still a teacher. :D

This "Best of" thing sounds interesting....

:D

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>In the movie, the Black Pearl is a ship. I don't think the islands have the word "black" in the name, so there's really not much coincidence.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone noticed that the winner of each Survivor alternates between a male and a female?

1.Richard
2.Tina
3.Ethan
4.Vecepia
5.Brian
6.Jenna

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Jim_C, you mentioned that the Pearl Islands are all over the place(in my world). Could you fill the rest of us in on what this means? Do you live down there by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TThomps
Recent bookmarks