What's new

***Official Survivor: Amazon Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, tonight's the 90 minute premiere of the 6th edition of Survivor, which takes place in the Amazon this time around. The opening twist is that initial teams are split into tribes of men and women. How long these tribes last, who knows?

Anyhow, come back each week and discuss the show here.

A note, let's try to keep the spoilers intact until the west coast edition of the show airs and finishes, and then it's open season on discussion how each tribal council impacts the rest of the game.

James T

Screenwriter
I think I'll tune in. I liked last season's Survivor, but stopped caring half way through.

This season, according to Mr. Probst himself has some hot young girls bringing not much to cover their bods, hoping that their male tribe mates will keep them on....I just want to see their faces when they find out that it's men vs women.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Tonight's show should be pretty good. I can't wait to see what kind of changes they have in store for Survivor #6.
It's great that they keep mixing things up, like making it Guys vs Gals. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Very interesting group dynamics so far.

The result of the first immunity challenge is in:

And the men blow a huge lead because of Daniel's lack of balance, and the women win the 1st one! I think Daniel will get the boot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was one of the funnier/entertaining Tribal Councils.

And the one with the much unwanted moniker of the 1st Survival to get the boot this season is:

Ryan, who almost engineered a coup over Roger, but was booted with 4 votes, Roger had 3, and Daniel had 1).

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Good start. As you said, interesting dynamics in each tribe. I couldn't believe the men were so cocky. Do you think the producers looked for that type of guy knowing it was men vs. women?

Anyway, I was hoping the immunity challenge would go the way it did. It'll be interesting to see if the men learn from the defeat and stop acting so arrogant.

It WAS a very funny tribal council!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was really good. I liked how they compared the male and female camps. The councel was hilarious...really good stuff.

Oh and magic 8-ball is NEVER wrong.

Kevin_V

Agent
Great show. Once again, editing is going to play a big part in the show. They lead you to think one dynamic, than they reveal something different. i.e: The men working together better than the women at building a camp => loss in the challenge & Ryan is gone & now they are one man down & out.
They mentioned Daniel & Ryan taking 4 passes to cross the balance beam.
That had to hurt crawling like they did.
No slight of editing can gloss over the lack of survival skills in the women's camp. Spending all that effort to cook a minnow to split 8 ways!! Prioritizing the washing (for hygiene??) over food, shelter & water. I wonder how much food is readily available? This could be the toughest survivor yet. Literally.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode! :)

I loved the challenge, I was bitching about how stupid the women were for not solving the number puzzle, and then the men blew their lead just because that guy (my pick in the HTF Survivor pick :)) couldn't keep his balance. Loved it!

The tribal council was hilarious, it's funny how men and women act when there's nobody from the other gender around... :)

I wish every episode was 90 minutes, we get to know the contestants much better.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It always amazes me that the ones that deserve to get kicked off never do.

Why don't they ever boot the one who costs them the challenge?

Dan must be one of those gym guys who can lift weights but has little to no true athletic ability.

One thing is for certain, I would never make it on Survivor because I would be too honest and come right out and tell the person I was voting for them because they chocked in the challenge.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
For anyone who has this episode on tape, go back and watch all the cocky statements Ryan makes at the beginning. I missed the first ten minutes, so I didn't see the open until the show was over. Pretty funny that he got booted right away considering what he had to say.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Mark, they showed his statements on the Early show today :laugh: He also said it took Dan and himself 20 minutes to cross that balance beam.

Best line of all Survivor:
"Cmon guys, we got a rocket scientist and a computer guru working on this puzzle" --Jeff Probst, while girls were solving it much faster.

This is shaping up to be much better than last season

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ryan was moaning about how his "fool-proof" plan have been blown to smithereens with the gender-divided tribes. Was Ryan relying on his "model" good looks to persuade the women to keep him around?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
With the excetion of the number puzzle the woman were as quick or quicker on every leg of the course last night.

I feel sorry for the deaf girl. She seems to be very well spirited, but I think she was expecting more after she told them all about her handicap and they acted the same.

Brent

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Did they show the voting results (who voted for who) during the confessional at the very end? This is one of the best ways to figure out the tribal dynamics and I forgot to look.

Next weeks preview looks good. The girls lack of shelter will catch up with them.

Lookswise, none of this batch of girls compares to some of the best from past seasons IMHO.

This is still my favorite show to watch on TV.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Patrick, I thought the exact same thing last night.

Brent,I think Christy has a good chance of at least making the merge. Who wants to be the one to vote off the first handicapped survivor? Of course what else could you expect from a bunch of girls who place washing their underwear and buffs (after 1 day) as a higher priority than getting food, boiling water to drink, building a shelter, etc.. :rolleyes

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks