What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

***Official Survivor: Amazon Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Jeff is a great host for these reunion shows. I can't believe they didn't think of having him host it from the beginning.

I found one of the things he said interesting. He pointed out that Jenna seemed to have changed the last 3 days in the Amazon, and she commented about the reasons for that. However, think about it: that's when Heidi left. I believe Heidi was basically dragging Jenna down to her level. Jenna seemed to be much nicer and all-around a better person when Heidi left.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I think the question all of the jury members should have asked themselves is if they were marooned on a desert island, who would they want to have with them in order to survive.
But that is not the point of the game show. It is an individual race to see who can con their way to get the most votes and last the longest, not by getting the most food or helping the group the most. In the end its last person standing, no matter how they got there. Most of the people who are disappointed look at this as a survival show, which it is not.

Alex S

Second Unit
What a disappointment !

Matt deserved to win.
He worked hard, played fair and treated everyone nice.
He shared his rewards and gave up his visit from his mom so that the rest of them could see their family.

Jenna was a selfish, lazy b*tch, who did nothing buy vote with the majority. She got all the women's votes (probably because Heidi & Deena are lesbians ;) j/k).

She won because she got all the women's votes (even Christy) and Alex and Rob were bitter about losing. Why they directed it towards Matt is beyond me. Matt had nothing to do with Alex or Rob being eliminated.

Jenna's comments about Matt not needing the money was cheap.
First, how does she knows if he needs the money or not and second, it's not who needs the money more, it's who played better.

Jenna's very selfish. She was crying when Christy got to read a letter from home during the food auction. Jenna spent most of her money on food and didn't have enough to
outbid Christy. Then Jeff asks Christy if they could auction another leter, which I thought was wrong and unfair.
Christy spent most of her money for the letter and Jenna paid hardly anything.

She brought up her mother being sick throughout the show and before the jury vote. I think that also got her some sympathy votes.

I think they should come up with another way of determinig the winner of Survivor. When a lazy, do nothing person wins 6-1 against a hard working, physical dominating person there's soemthing that needs to be fixed.

The jury is like the OJ jury, disregard the evidence, just vote based on any stupid reason you can come up with.

:thumbsdown:

Bring on the better reality show, Amazing Race !!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
One of the two or three best seasons ever, but... JENNA?!?

Oh the pain of it. Yes, she won two immunities when it really mattered, and made the smart move of going against Matthew rather than Rob, but damn!

Still, I despise Heidi more. Had she won, I'd still have to commend the series for being everything every other prime-time game-show only wishes it could be... but I don't think I could watch it again!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I agree completely. In fact, I think it even tops the first one, thanks to Rob being very entertaining in his running commentary throughout the show. :)

I hope they managed to do as good of a job when they casted Survivor: Panama. They need to find people like Rob that can set things in motion.

/Mike

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I was very surrised by the way things turned out, I thought for sure Matt would squeak by 4-3. I will say that my opinion of Jenna the Survior player did go up the last episode or 2. I also will say that she looked pretty good with the face paint as well and was HOT in the reunion show. She and Matt were all over each other all night. I taped the Early show so maybe more will be revealed there.

I also thought that Rob was one of the better players ever, it is too funny that since Matt had the physical skills Rob didn't, Rob ended up handing it to Matt in a way by teaching him so much about how the game worked. Especially the part about how it might be advantageous to throw a challenge or two. Matt had some balls throwing the final challenge though.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Really, haven't you learned ANYTHING from watching 6 seasons of "Survivor"?
Yes, I have learned that they should change the motto to:

Out-Whine, Out-Laz, Out-Play-Not-Work.

And the title of the show should be changed to High School Summer Camp Popularity Contest.

Charlie-W

Grip
One more question- after Christy was voted off the other week, I remember seeing her on a talk show, and she was STILL seething about "The Evil Step-Sisters". But SHE HAD ALREADY VOTED FOR JENNA! Then all of a sudden last night, she was all "Oh, she played better than me..." Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Were the contestants told by CBS to be missleading?

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I recorded the reunion show and will watch it tonight, but F*&cking or not, that doesnt mean they are getting married. Hell what better way to top off a night of winning 1,000,000 and 100,000 each than to hook up? I'm sure they were in the mood for something.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
IMHO, the only two people who won the million and deserved it was Richard Hatch and the Soccer player (can't remember his name) from the Africa Survivor.
I guess you've forgotten about Brian from Thailand Survivor already? IMO he played the game better than anyone and completely dominated. Of course the idiots on the jury almost gave the million to Clay.

I really don't understand how Jenna could possibly have gotten all but one of the votes. It seems to me that the voting was fixed. That's the only possible explaination I can come up with. With the way that the questions from the jury were asked and the way that they were answered by Matt and Jenna, I just don't see it. Even when they asked Christy why she voted for Jenna, she couldn't give a good reason for it. This vote really sours me on the show. Once again we get a 'winner' who didn't do anything to deserve the win. If it wasn't for Matt working his a__ off getting food and wood, Jenna would've lost an additional 20 lbs and would never have lasted to the end. How could the jury vote for someone who flat out refused to help around the camp and thinks that their 'beauty' is a disability??? A great season of Survivor was ruined by that vote. :angry:

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
No, there isn't. "Outwit, outlast, outplay". That's what Jenna did.
Jenna was crying and begging to get kicked off last week. If it wasn't for the guys voting off Heidi she would have been happy to go. Here's a great strategy! "Hey guys! I'm done, can you vote me off this week?" Or how about "I'm going to hand my immunity over to Heidi tonight because I don't really care anymore."

Even when it was down to the final 4 she still made a comment about being happy for now but if she was the next to go she would be fine with it?

Hardly the attitude of someone wanting to "outlast" everyone. She was just lucky that she was dragged along (her looks had something to do with that) and that she pulled off the maze immunity challenge.

I don't mind a game where someone doesn't pull their weight but they are still sneaky and conniving enough to get my respect(i.e. Rob) Jenna was none of the above, she was begging to get kicked off, she was full of herself, and she still had the nerve to hate Christy even after she allowed Jenna to receive a letter from her family.

IMHO she was more lucky than anything.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I stil think that by "playing possum" Jenna made sure that Heidi would get the boot over her. It's much more "smarter" to boot the stronger female over the "weaker" female if it comes down to that choice with 3 males in the mix. I think it's a strategic "woe is me" move that totally worked in her favor. And then once the final four immunity challenge kicked in, Jenna had a fighting chance, while the bumbling guys had a 3x chance to get rid of Jenna, but they all failed, so the guys deserved what they got for not performing well when it counted the most.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry MikeS, but I think you are so way out in left field it isn't even funny. We all know the motto for Survivor, and like Micheal just said, I wouldn't have minded Jenna winning if she had done some strategy to get there. I give her credit for winning those couple immunity challenges, but to reward her with a million dollars is obsurd. My girlfriend and I were discussing the possibility of a fixed vote because of Jenna's mom or to keep it kind of even on how many men or women have won or something along another line. We were both so suprised last night at a 6-1 vote that we couldn't believe it. Diffently the worst winner yet.
How many other people were so sick of Alex's facial expressions and shaking his head? My girlfriend and I wanted to reach through the TV and rip his head off. He was such a sore loser! Get over it! You were the idiot who told Rob about your plans to vote him out.
My order for deserving to win would be: Rob, Deena, Matt...but now Jenna can get breast implants like her buddy Heidi!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
How many other people were so sick of Alex's facial expressions and shaking his head? My girlfriend and I wanted to reach through the TV and rip his head off. He was such a sore loser! Get over it! You were the idiot who told Rob about your plans to vote him out.
I didn't notice the facial expressions so much, but I do agree that Alex's was among the most stupid moves I've ever seen on Survivor. I mean, he tells Rob "after we vote them out, you're next... cool?".

In what fucked-up bizarro universe where people don't actually compete in competitions would that be "cool"? Alex deserved to go right that very second for being such an idiot... I only wish it had been Jenna!

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Well, like most other people I couldn't believe Jenna won. She sure sets a good example for how to get ahead (whine, bitch and get a tan) while everyone else works.
I noticed the previews of the next "Survivor" were letterboxed. Could that mean it might be in HD? I can not think of a better use of HD that a show like that or "The Amazing Race". To use all that resolution on sitcom's is wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks