What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official Star Wars Galaxies Discussion (1 Viewer)

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys - Wanted to ask some questions as I'm still learning how to play this game... :)

If we form a group and some of us are outside the city fighting mobs and some others are in the city crafting, do we all share exp? Only the exp relevant to our Profession? or is it range based - like all team members have to be within 50 meters of each other...?

In regards to specializing - If I'm playing a Brawler and want to get my character up to Teras Kasi Artist, do I have to work through all 4 branches under Brawler or just specialize in one of the the branhces under Brawler and one of the branches under Scout (or whatever)? Same for all professions or are they all different in this regard?

Thanks in advance :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna go ahead and play stupid. (Alright, who am I kidding? I'm not playing...) ;)

My goal, when I created my character was to be an Artisan/Smuggler (Although I certainly wouldn't be dumping my load of spice at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser)... Any suggestions on what I should be working on/doing?

Also going home for the weekend, so I won't be online to play again until Sunday night, at the earliest. Have a good one!

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Dave W: To get to Teras Kasi, you only need to advance through the unarmed portion of the Brawler skills. This varies depending on the class you are looking at (for instance, Bounty Hunter would require you to master all the skills for both Marksman and Scout).

As for group XP, don't hold me to this, but I do believe you must be in close range with your other members and also involved in the combat (no leeching as far as I can tell). Also, if for example you are a Scout and harvest resources off a dead creature, that XP will belong solely to you. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure I'll be corrected shortly :).

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Joel: Using the Character Builder from page 2, in order to get to Smuggler you will need to do the Unarmed tree in Brawler and the Pistol tree in Marksman. If you did that and mastered Smuggler, you would still have 128 skill points left, which is enough for at least one other mastered profession, maybe 2. On Artisan, you need to figure out if you want to be able to build everything or if you want to specialize to Weapons, Armor, etc.

Here's the link to that builder:
http://www.beafraid.com/swgcb/swg-cb.php?prof_id=1

Just click on the class you're interested in and it will show you that skill tree. Click on the skill you want to get and it will fill in all prereqa and show you how many skill points you have left.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I have just installed the game, and finished the training.

I am on Intrepid server, planet Corellia.

Name: Mopadi Ajola

I will be playing alot in the next few days.

I have a dedicated GameVoice server running at 24.34.98.20:59110. You can download the client at http://www.gamevoice.com. It is a pretty slick voice-chat program. Makes online gaming much more enjoyable.

I have added most of you to my friends list.

See you online.

Jeff

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I have decided to go Artisan. Which race is the best Artisan race? Looking at skill bonuses and such, I think I have narrowed it down to these races:

Human
Mon Calimari

Should I take human for the +15 artisan XP? Or the Mon Calimari for the weapon and structure assembly bonuses? Sorry for the newbie questions, I just want to get it right from the beginning. Thanks!

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
LOL. It is too funny. When I bought the game, I showed it to a friend and pointed out the two races I would NEVER be. Twi'lek, & Mon Calimari, lol. I guess I should never say never. Mon Calimari it is!

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Hey Romier, I'm going to try to be a squad leader:)

I'm having the toughest time raising my survival skills as it involves sitting in a pitched tent for extended amounts of time. I'm trying to do a bit of that while doing household chores but it's slow going. I plan on doing that and heading up the carbineer tree.

Oh, I did screw up big time last night. I bought armor from a guy in Tatooine. I didn't realize that you had to be in the same town as the person to collect the armor from the bazaar system! The roundtrip ticket from Tatooine back to Correlia is going to cost me almost 2k:frowning: I'm such an idiot.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting pretty far on my marksman medic. I've been working on my macro skills, as you'll have to get them down pat if you're going to get anywhere as a medic. It is incredibly slow going. I'll try to find some of you in game over the long weekend.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Ok, so I'll start a secondary character on Intrepid tonight. Same character as I have on the other servers. Aiming to be a bounty hunter.

I'll set one up now, and report back with my character name.

As always, I am a Trandoshan marksman - Tzovuss

Look for me online somtimes. Or if you're willing look for my friend who just got into SWG (It's his first MMORPG ever). He's a Zabrak scout - [insert name here once I find out what it is].

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I created a new Mon Calimari Artisan tonight, and when I tried entering the galaxy, I got another stupid "Windows has detected an error" message, putting my computer into safe mode, thus closing Galaxies. WTF? If I reinstall the game, will it have any affect on my 30 day trial? That is based on my Station login, so it shouldn't affect it, right? This is so frustrating, I wanna play!!!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
If I reinstall the game, will it have any affect on my 30 day trial? That is based on my Station login, so it shouldn't affect it, right? This is so frustrating, I wanna play!!!
No it will not. Let me know if you get it resolved with the reboot. If not there is an issue with some ATI and Nvidia crashes we can run through to troubleshoot.

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
Bah! I tried using the transporter. I selected the planet, then the loading screen came up. The status bar filled all the way up, then the stupid error screen came up again. Help!

Here are my main PC components:

Asus A7N8X Mobo
Athlon XP 2000+
Corsair 512mb PC2700
ATI Radeon 8500 All in Wonder 128mb
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum

Any ideas?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Man, I've having a blast with this game. Even with a time intensive character like a medic, there is a lot to do. And the game does look great. It was even better when you could link up with some friends and survive a bit more.

See you on the servers.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Alex, thanks for patching me up last night! I got you a new carbine. I'll give it to you the next time I see you. I'm going to be gone for the weekend but I'll be back on Monday. See you guys on then.

NickC

Second Unit
I ran into a nice a little bug, its happened to me twice, for some reason my entire inventory has been cleaned, cept for what i started with and the general crafting tool, oh well, lost a lot of armour, but i will be making more to get the ex to be armour/weaponsmith....

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
NickC, that sounds like death without a clone. Do you have a Corpse of xxxx in your Datapad?

* Edit : Good lord, is this game crack. I would type more, but I need another hit *

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
* Edit : Good lord, is this game crack. I would type more, but I need another hit *
hahahah!

I apologize for not being on Intrepid more often gentleman. I'm about 3 skills from master marksman on Starsider and I just got my character half a set of Chitrin armor so my main is getting all of my attention. I'll be over on Intrepid soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks