Official Star Wars Galaxies Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NickC, Jun 27, 2003.

1. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Anyone buying this game at release?

I have heard of servers being down, registration problems...

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I'm buying it today if I can find it. Dunno when I'll actually play, since I don't have a credit card, but hopefully in a week or so I'll be up and running.

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

A quick glance at the SWG forums seems to indicate the typical first-day blues. Swamped registration and login servers, and whatnot.

I'm somewhat surprised, since Sony's EQ experience should have helped them avoid such problems.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

5. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

Well, I bought it, and waited all day at work to play it. Then I got home, got it registered, and couldn't log in [​IMG] So I was forced to play BF1942 all night [​IMG]

I assumed that SOEs experience with this would have helped to keep these problems to a minimum. I was already worried about the game from all the bad vibes from the people in Beta, and this isn't helping.

But, on the bright side, I am looking foward to playing this weekend (if possible). Its my first time playing a MMORPG. My only hope is that it will be fun for a casual gamer. I will probably only be able to play about 5-10 hours a week.

I'm interested to hear others experiences with this.

-Marshall

6. Dave W

Dave W Stunt Coordinator

I agree with you guys for the most part... Went ahead and picked this up yesterday at lunch, registered from work (Took a few hours but didn't have to use Mozilla) and played for a couple hours when I got home (left a little early [​IMG] ). From what I did play it was fun and absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Well, here's hoping they get this at least "playable" for the weekend [​IMG]

BTW: Playing as Cain on Bria and Magness on Ahazi. See you guys online...

7. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Romier, thanks for the heads up... But I just got home with it. [​IMG] I'm gonna install it tonight, play around for a bit on it.

Maybe those of us that are playing can meet up on it? Once I register and everything, I'll post my character name and such.

8. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I'm considering picking it up tonight. I've heard all the negatives on it and have to admit - they're probably accurate. Still, I've got a fair amount of curiosity about it. One question for those in the know: How many characters can you create per server? Total?

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

10. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

One character per server....that's a bit harsh. I guess in one way it's nice in that it may reduce the amount of twinking. Still, to try out a different character you have to start a character on a different server (that is allowed, right?) or delete the one you've been playing. How many servers are there currently? Will your one account allow you to create a character on all of them?

11. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Romier, I'll create a character on your server tonight. Anything you recommend? I was kind of thinking about becoming a bounty hunter.

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

The Starside server is alway "Full" when I try to get on. But I will try to meet up with you in Theed tonight.

14. Romier S

Romier S Producer

15. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I was able to create my character on Starside. I'm in Theed now, near the cloning area. My characters name is Tsovuss, or Tzovuss. I'm a Trandoshan, and a damn good looking one at that. [​IMG]

I'll be back on at 11PM EST to look for you.

16. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Good luck. Im still trying to get my character created on Starsider. I have to say this server cap nonsense is just utterly annoying.

17. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Well, played SW:G for about 5 hours last night, and I really enjoyed it. It's not the greatest game ever, but it was fun wandering around Naboo and Tatooine, and learning a lot of stuff about the game. Romier, you're a great teacher. [​IMG]

I was finally able to get on Starsider this morning, and created my Trandoshan wanna-be bounty hunter. He is in Theed right now, looking for a CDEF rifle. His name: Tzovuss. I just created him this morning, so I haven't actually done anything but set up the UI for him so far.

I'm going to be out most of the day, but I'll be on tonight to play for a few hours. Romier, or anyone else who's playing (On Starsider) feel free to look me up.

18. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

question for all who are playing. Do you need a ccredit card to register? I know you get a free 30 day trial, but is this anything like XBOX live where you need a credit card even though you are free for the first while?

19. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

20. NickC

NickC Second Unit

I am on gorath, jurgan Wagner, is my name, marksman and medic, right now or corellia in the capital city.