What's new

*** Official Morrowwind (X Box & PC) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
You can find Golden Saints in the ruins of Ald Daedroth southeast of Dagon Fel. Good luck, as you might have a bit of trouble getting past everybody.

With the spell you have, you could use it to enchant something and have a golden saint anytime you want, but that isn't what you are looking for.

Make sure you have Grand Soul Gems before you go to trap her (Golden Saints are females)...

Also, Ascended Sleepers have the same Constant Effect soul, and they are a bit easier to kill, depending on how you fight (I play with a magic only, no blade restriction on myself to make it a bit more challenging)...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Michael Henry, funny cause I'm kind of doing the same thing, except I can't become grandmaster until Dagoth Ur is dead so I continued with the Blades quests. I'm now on the Third Trial part.

I found the coolest item (yet) for me so far last night in Tel Fyr, upstairs with the corprus guy. A cuirass of the savior. It's a light curass (15 weight) yet has an ungodly armor rating of 226 AND a constant effect of fortidy magicka resistance 60%. It makes my total armor rating go from a 53 to a 106! and completely counteracts my elfborn weakness to magicka 50%. Damm, I also managed to find Mudcrab last night. Is there any way to sell items worth more than 10k in the game? From my research, he's the guy with the most gold, yet I still have about 10 items that are easily more than 10k in worth. I am hoarding about 45k in gold right now too, wanting to enchant a super weapon sooner or later. I figure my armor will be replaced but the weapons are generally long living. Love to find a plain old glass shortsword so I can enchant that with a bunch of spells..

Jay

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Sure, although it takes a bit of patience:

The first time you do this, you will need to 'build up' their inventory of items, but after the first couple of times it gets easier.

1) collect a bunch of stuff whose individual price is less than 5k.
2) go to Creeper and sell 5k worth of stuff
3) wait 24 hours
4) sell next 5k worth of stuff
5) continue doing this for all your less than 5k stuff
6) After you wait 24 hours the last time, you can buy BACK all the less than 5k stuff until Creeper has enough money to buy your big item.
7) sell him your big item.
8) repeat steps 1-5 until he has the big item AND all the less than 5k stuff and you have lots of gold.

The next time you come back, you can buy the same less than 5k stuff from him again, so you don't necessatily have to have a bunch of less than 5k stuff everytime.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Jay, I just completed that Tel Fyr quest and I didn't see that cuirass. Argh! Looks like I may have to go back. I was kind of afraid to steal too many things from that guy because I knew he was integral to the main plot. But now that he did his thing to me, I may go back for some of the sweet things I saw lying around in the Corprusarium. I'll keep an eye out for that cuirass as well, because I'm a big light armor guy. It was upstairs (well, no "stairs" I guess) with the wizard dude? Sweet, I'm there.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
David Broome, thanks, that sounds like a scheme! I should get enough items for Mudcrab so that he would have enough items for me to buy to cover my large item. Maybe I'll make a Crossbow of Cliff Racer Death :)
Dave Falasco, yeah the cuirass is in one of the rooms at the same level the corprus curer guy is at. It's in a closet that is 100% locked. I had to use a scroll to open it and a levitation spell to get up there.
Jay

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I'd definatley buy that Cliff Racer Death weapon and use it. Those things are SO annoying.

I found the Cuirass in the same place, but I used BARDS OPENING which is an amulet I made that allows for 100% opening. With that Cuirass and a constant effect ring I made to resist magicka, I am actually starting to resist some magick attacks against me.

Now if I can only figure out what to do with the other two Golden Saint souls I have trapped, I should be good to go...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Two extra Golden Saints souls lying around, huh? Man, I wish I had your problems... :)
Thanks for the tip, Jay. I don't have anything that can open a level 100 lock, but I'll take a trip to my local enchantress to see if I can't whip something up. I swiped a bunch of glass armor from Ghostgate, which was a nice upgrade from the chitin crap I was using, but that cuirass you found sounds awfully sweet. My thief is only level 15, so she still has a hard time with skeleton champions, never mind Dremora Lords (although I was able to take one of those suckers out with my trusty jinxblade...) That armor should help quite a bit.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
:D
I got real lucky and found a Golden Saint outside of Tel Vos on a hill. I thought it was rather a random place for a golden saint, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth, eh? The other one came from Ald Daedroth which you have to go into on the 4th trial (5th? Can't remember).
I'm thinking about a constant effect night vision enchantment on my glass helm for one, and I'm not sure on the other. I wish I could do a constant effect magicka regeneration, but that isn't an option I have found yet.
Definatley go pick up that cuirass, as it makes things much more fun...

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I also got the Cuirass by using my Grandmaster's lock pick.

However, you can also get a great great weapon in the same area ('upstairs').

In the room with the guy who 'cures' your coprus, there are some bookshelves. One has a lockbox of 80-100 points (I forgot the exact number.) In it is an amulet. Take it. -I took it right in front of him without any problem- Then use it. You'll be warped to a Daedric Ruin. Kill the Daedra, and you're rewarded with the Daedric Crescent. Then you automatically warp back to the corprus guy.

I do have a question for you guys though. I robbed one of the strongholds in Vivec, which required killing numerous ordinators. (To make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs, right?)

But now, every time I go back to Vivec the Ordinators attack me on sight. There is no price on my head at all.
So I have to either avoid the Ordinators, or kill them, which means I have to get rid of the price on my head.

I don't have any Ordinator Armor on. Is there any way to get them to leave me alone? Since a lot of the main quest takes place in Vivec, it takes a lot of time running from point A to point B having to deal with Ordinators the whole time. I'd kill all of them, but if I'm not mistaken they respawn every 24 hours.

Suggestions?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hmmm, the ordinators are the guards for the Temple, at least the official tribunal temple, the one that do not believe in the Nevararine and are against the Dissident Priests. Could it be that they have something against you, not necessarily what you're wearing. Maybe if you tried to join some of the houses like Redoran/Telvanni/Hiallu or perhaps the Imperials???
Thanks for taking them out though, they keep calling me "scum" and are just plain rude :laugh:
I have almost finished the third trial, found a huge cache of induril armor so now I'm super armored and found some glass armor and weapons. I got the shadow shield but somehow I overlooked the corprus weepings and Dagoth cup as junk and didn't pick them up. I went back and found out where they should be and now I have to return to the place and pick that up. However, I did clear out the whole place of Dagoths and the like, the only ones that were mildly amusing were the squid looking ones, they remind me of Zoidburg (on steroids) from Futurama. They have a poison spell that if one isn't paying attetion could drain you a bit.
Anybody know a dealer who sells a glass shortsword? I found a glass halberd but not looking at 2 handed weapons and I'm trying to create the super weapon of death. I have about 90k in gold and about another 100k worth of items to sell so I should be able to enchant some uber-god killing weapon.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not 100% sure he sells a glass shortsword, but I know there is a guy in GhostFence that sells a lot of glass stuff. You may want to try there...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Yeah, that guy is in the Tower of Dusk or whatever. That's where I got all my glass gear. At a fantastic price, too, with the five-finger discount. :)
He has a glass jinxblade and a one-handed glass longsword for sure. I don't think he has a short sword, but the longsword should do fine for your god-smacker.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks, I don't think you can reenchant an item that already has been enchanted at least I have tried and it only lets you select items that have not been enchanted. I have found the following glass items, a Glass shield (I'm using now), a glass cuirass (which I would use if I didn't have the Cuirass of the savior's hide) and some glass weapons. I already have the glass jinxsword.
I have a silver shortsword in my storage house in Balmora so I can always use that but I do like the green, it's a pretty shade. :)
Can one put more souls into a soul gem or it is one soul only? I guess the money amount of the soul gem basically determines how much charge the item has. I have a grand soul gem with a flame atronarch in it and it's worth 21k and can get a 105 charge, I think my first enchantment (my indurel helm which heals 35 points) has a 100 charge and I used only a bonewalker soul gem (15k) for it).
Jay

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I have a grand soul gem with a flame atronarch in it and it's worth 21k and can get a 105 charge, I think my first enchantment (my indurel helm which heals 35 points) has a 100 charge and I used only a bonewalker soul gem (15k) for it).
You should be saving your Grand Soul Gems for Ascended Sleepers and Golden Saints only. Both of these have a 400 charge and can be used to create Constant Affect items. To ensure this does not happen to me I always carry a number of Soul Gems, of varying sizes. A Trapped Soul will always go into the smallest available Gem that it will fit into. eg. If you are trapping an Ancestral Ghost and all you have is Grand Soul Gems ... This same soul will fit into Common Gems.

For extra money I trapped quite a few Ancestral Ghosts and sold them to the Creeper for 4000 Gold each. The nice thing is that when I sell higher priced items to Creeper, I get these Gems back (which I then can use in Enchantments). I have gone Enchantment crazy and pretty much have an Enchanted Item for every single spell I can think of that I will need. The nice thing is that Enchanted Items never fail which is very useful in the heat of battle.

I am looking forward to playing Morrowind again this weekend (along with NFL 2k3, Madden 2003 online, and possibly SOCOM - if I can find it).

Chris

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Where the devil do you guys find all these gems? I have tons of petty and lesser gems (well, by tons I mean a little over a dozen of each I guess), but the common, greater, and grand gems are all pretty tough to find. Is there a merchant out there with a bunch to sell? A bandit cave filled with them somewhere? I had to kill several flame and frost atronarchs recently and I had no empty gems to store their souls. Damn, if I knew how much they were worth...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have no idea, I just do :D A lot of barrel and crate investigations and stuff.. Also you can find a bunch of them in the various caves and stuff on the island in between the cities and stuff.
I am a late bloomer.. I have only recently enchanted my item and one item only, my Indurial Helm of Healing. I'm not sure what the best light or medium armor there is but the Indurel line, but they're pretty good so I figure the helm will last me a bit..
Jay

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks Jay. I may try to join a stronghold and see if that makes them go away. Otherwise I'll just keep myself stocked with potions and fight each and every one.

I'm just about to start the 3rd trial myself, we'll see how long that takes.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
OK, so I'm hoarding gold, I have about 240K sitting in my coiffers and I'm too lazy to sell the other 300K worth of stuff right now, I tried to get into Ghostgate but I don't see any doors. I've already got the marker on my map, I levitated up and over the fence, I know there's a way under the fence from doing the Third Trial but I can't seem to find Ghostgate itself? Is is inside the fence or outside and is there a door I can get in?

I trapped a golden saint in a GSG but it seems it's god awful expensive (it should be) for any amount of constant effect so it seems you'll get more value of making a uber-killing weapon which cast when strikes than making a constant effect health regeneration or shield item. I can make a super killing weapon with about 150k in gold whereas 150k of defense seems to be a small effect.

Jay

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Damn, you're loaded! My level 14 cat has about 25k gold, and I thought that was doing pretty well. You're freaking Bill Gates in this game!

Anyway, Ghostgate is kind of a strange place. As you face the towers, there are three entrances. The left hand entrance at the base of the left tower is to the Tower of Dusk (where the glass goodies are). The base of the right-hand tower has a door to the Tower of Dawn (not much of interest for me, everyone just calls me scum as usual. Bastards.) In the middle of the towers, there is a series of doors that act kind of like airlocks. You have to press on some kind of jewel or something in a pillar outside of the gate (I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's unmistakable), and the first gate opens up. Then you press on another jewel in the tunnel behind the gate, and the first gate closes behind you and the second gate in front of you opens up. Go through that to pass through the Ghostgate and into the Red Mountain. Your uber-character will probably stroll through unscathed, but my fledgling was badly scared by a nasty Ogrim Titan the first time I went into the Red Mountain area.

Hope that helps!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm kinda bummed. My level 51 Barbarian Warrior is on the last legs of this grand journey. I've been into the Red Mountain area several times now. Got "things" needed before I face Dagoth Ur. Which...I'll be doin' the next time I play. Saved the game right at the entrance to the Ghostgate and, I have my nastiest weapons...
...and all my shoes, so I'll have them. ;)
Anyhoo...Mr. Dagoth's time is running out and I'll be seeing him, very soon.
I only wish Bethesda would put some upgrades out, like D.O.A.3 had on the OXM disc. Read somewhere that Bethesda left some "hooks" in the Xbox version so that they could come out with some extras for it. Wouldn't mind having a new area, ect...to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks