*** Official Morrowwind (X Box & PC) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lou Sytsma, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    This was the latest date I heard. Anyone able to confirm or heard anything different?

2. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

7th was posted in an article up at TeamXbox.com today.

T

3. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I called around my local gaming shops today, they both said Thursday the 6th. I hope that date sticks. I've been waiting for a new RPG to play.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I gave 3 Electronic Boutiques a call here in Harrisburg and and all say it will be in tommorrow.

I'll be picking up my copy then. When I get it I'll be sure to post a full hands-on for you guys looking forward to the Box version.

5. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I hear tomorrow (I also heard it indeed actually shipped to retail.) Anyone seen a review yet????

6. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Ripped from voodooextreme.com

"Rockville, MD - June 4, 2002 - Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay."

Haven't seen any reviews online yet.

7. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Romi - What's your computer system like that you run Morrowind on? To what level do you have the graphics bumped up?

8. Dave E H

Even though I'm going to have my new workstation up this weekend (going to be sweet) I'm gonna try to play this one on the xbox. something about playing with THX Ultra 2 surround sound and a 55" screen that makes it a little more enticing than on my 19" monitor.. [​IMG]

9. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

CC has it in their ad this week, but the one by me has none. The Sam Goody at the mall by my office had four copies that they already sold out (supposedly).

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

11. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Great I love comparisons! I was expecting a "Nobody calls me Romi so BACK OFF!!!" reply [​IMG]
    Later on...

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I am still deciding whether to pick up the X-Box or PC version...

I am rebuilding my PC, should be done by the end of the week.

P4-1.6a @ 2.4
    512 MB DDR333
    GeForce4 4400 128 MB
    Win XP Pro
    SB Live
    etc.

I should be able to run pretty smoothly at some high resoutions on my 19" flat-screen... or DD 5.1 on my 50" widescreen HDTV... decisions, decisions...

14. Dave E H

widescreen! [​IMG]
    Seriously, I'm getting ready to put together my new PC - waiting for the man in the brown truck to drop off a Coolermaster ATC-210 case as I type - based on a Athlon XP 2100+, but I'm still going to probably play on my xbox. Something about putting the HT to work that appeals to me a little more. YMMV.

15. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Has anyone else had a store sales person tell him/her that the game would be on sale tomorrow, June 6? A Funcoland in Memphis, TN (I have to drive 1.5 hrs. to get the damn game because I live in the armpit of America) told me they'd have it. I don't know whether to get excited or not. What do you all think the possibilities are of it being on sale tomorrow?

Rob

16. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Robert, I'd make sure by phoning and getting them to hold a copy for you tomorrow before you take the trip [​IMG]
    It could happen that they will have it to sell. The stores are allowed to as soon as the shipments come in as the official release date was supposed to be earlier this week.
    Dean

17. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Dean,

I've got my copy preordered, so if they don't have a copy for me, they're going to have one angry customer on their hands. But, hopefully that won't happen, and this time tomorrow night, I'll be in gaming heaven. I wish you all the best of luck in getting the game soon.

Rob

18. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I have my copy in my hands as we speak. Unforunately I am at work. I will be getting home this evening at around 8:00. Once I play for a few hours I will be posting my impressions.

19. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Really? Lucky bugger. Can't you feel yourself getting sick? A chest cold or something, maybe a bad back? Should probably go home and get some rest. [​IMG]

20. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Romier, I ORDER you got go home. This is your moderator speaking.... Your boss will understand. [​IMG]
    Dan