What's new

*** Official Morrowwind (X Box & PC) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Me too! My level 56 Mage is going up against Dagoth sometime this weekend (if I don't have to take the kids to their grandparents). I need to get this game finished up so I can go out and buy Enclave...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks for the Ghostgate stuff.. I ran into another Golden Saint, BTW on the way to find the Cave of the Incarnates... He was just east of the Vallay of the Winds just getting a tan on the beach, I guess.
Yeah, I find everybody pretty much a pushover and I don't even have that many enchantments, like I said the only enchantment I have is an Induril helm that heals 35 points when cast. Soon, when I decide to cash out my 240k I'm gonna have some super killing weapon... maybe I'll save that for the head honcho. Maybe I'll start a company called "Morrowsoft" in the game that will help all these trading outposts and hunting outposts manage their businesses.. Then I'll be rich and become a monopoly! Wooohoo :)
Now onto the fourth trial stuff...
Jay

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Is anyone else having a heck of a time enchanting a constant effect on an item?

I'm a 20th level mage and have a gold. saint gem ready to be used but I can't get a decent enchantment...the best item I have is an exqst. amulet with 120 points for enchantment...this only gets me a 3-5 restore health...or a 25-30% chameleon...etc...

What's the deal?

I have over 240k of cash on me, so getting someone to enchant it is not the deal...

Does it matter what your attributes are when you try to have something enchanted? For instance, do I need a high restoration to yield a good restore health enchantment?

Any other tips on what the best constant effect enchmts are - are very appreciated...

-Mike

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Michael Henry,

This is how you can enchant items for Constant Effect but beware it is addicting and can ruin your character at very early levels.
1) You need to have Alchemy Equipment (nothing fancy).
2) Buy ingredients to raise your Intelligence (100 of each so you now have 100 of each ingredient needed, 200 altogether)
3) Create 10 Increase Intelligence Potions
4) Drink them.
5) Create 10 more Potions.
6) Drink Them
Repeat until your Intelligence is around 12000.

You now have a huge store of Mana and are ready to Enchant. It is best to have a whole bunch of Souls trapped at this point plus a lot of Equisite clothing and jewelery, armour, weapons, ... etc.

Go ahead and Enchant to your hearts content, you won't ever fail. Sell your left over Intelligence Potions to the Creeper for 4000 - 5000 Gold each. Trade them back later when you sell Creeper some Expensive Armour.

That is it. Some people consider it cheating, but it is simply taking advantage of a couple of skills. It is also the only way to creat Constant Effect Items with any magical value. Do be careful. Almost everything I carry is now Constant Effect (I have clothing for 100% Chameleon, another outfit for 100% Sanctuary - I do like this one as I no longer need to kill anyone, all my Glass Armour has Strength as a Constant Effect - my character can carry more plus I attack for greater damage). I seriously have an Enchanted Item for every single thing I need. If I discover I need something, I write it down, when I have five, I go start the process over.

The only two skills you need in this game are Enchant and Alchemy. As I said earlier, once you tread down this slope it is very hard to stop. This also works in every RPG in which you can create Potions which raise your attributes - there now every RPG you hope to play is also ruined!

Chris

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ha! I know exactly what Michael is talking about. It's not the enchanting that's the problem, it's WHAT to enchant.. I ran into the same problem, trying to enchant either a dwarfen Shortshorld or my glass shield, they give you like NO points to work with, anything more than 10 or so SHIELD points/Constant effect overflows the 30 point limit. One's intelligence does not affect the maximum enchantment limit however I do not know if it affects the enchantment value for each spell added.

How are there people running around with uber-weapons when it seems most non-magical items have almost no enchantment value. I too have found the exquisite ring holds 120 points but I wonder how do people enchant weapons and armor when it seems that they don't hold much value. I now am hoarding about 380k of gold so that should not be a problem. But I have been trying to enchant a sanctuary item and also perhaps a boots of speed and then something for strength. but unless they're all rings I can't seem to find a way to get them loaded like that.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh, the guy in Ghostfence doesn't sell a shortsword but he does sell a longsword. I did pick up a glass dagger from a golden saint but it only has an enchantment size of 1..!!!! ONE, a mere pitance...

Now, I have about 460K in gold and I still have a bunch of 80k items by mudcrab I'm too lazy to sell. Everytime I crush the living crap of a dremora lord I get an ebony something or other that's work like 30k-40k so I've been selling those.

Jay

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Since we're sharing experiences, my level 17 Khajit has just become the Master Thief (taking over the Thieves Guild). I got a pretty nice reward from "Gentleman Jim Stacey":

A skeleton key that opens any door in the game and has 50 uses.

But the effect of the reward was somewhat lessened, as I had already enchanted an item to do the same thing.

Oh, and Jay, I went back to Tel Fyr and grabbed that cuirass of the Saviour's Hide, as well as a cool amulet that transported me to a fight with some badass. A tough scrum for my (then level 15) character...thank goodness for jinxblades. But the reward of the Daedric Crescent was nicey-nice. Too bad the darn thing weighs about as much as I do. Now I am focused on taking over the Fighter's Guild (already killed Hard-Heart for the Thieves' Guild), then I'll go back to the third and fourth trials. I think I picked the hardest skills in the world to level up, because my character is only level 17 as I said, and the lack of health, magicka, and fatigue is really a drag when going against a few Dremora Lords and a bonewalker or three.

Users who are viewing this thread