What's new

*** Official "JOY RIDE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I've been in the mood for a good thriller for a while now...and I may have finally found one...
And I'm also a fan of Steve Zahn...so I think I have a winner.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
[Edited last by Nate Anderson on October 05, 2001 at 11:24 AM]

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Joy Ride". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Joy Ride" should be posted to this thread .
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"
[Edited last by Chris Dugger on October 07, 2001 at 07:24 AM]

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Fun stuff. John Dahl knows the proper way to make this kind of movie. Not that it's all that similar to Jeepers Creepers, but it points out how that film could have been much more effective than the stupid movie that became.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
A well put together movie, with a great tone throughout. The final set piece is a little bit more elaborate than necessary, but the tension remains high, however.
Did anyone else think that Ted Levine (Buffalo Bill from SitL) was the voice?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't recommend it, but I can't active dissuade anyone from seeing it. It just didn't push any buttons for me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved Steve Zahn, great performance.
The corn field chase was pretty tense.
I realy liked the way it ended, as it's not the ususal, riddiling the slasher with bullets and he can't be killed.
It was just an average guy chasing the kids.
A VERY nice change.
Is anybody else hoping for a sequel???
------------------

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
It was just an average guy chasing the kids.
Except this average guy seems to know everything and is able to keep with CB radio contact range at all times. As a revenge fantasy, I thought it just completely bent the laws or plausability. Nobody goes to this much trouble because someone plays a prank on them.
Also, about the ending, it was a real groaner for me. So not only does the omniscient trucker kidnap Venna's roommate, but he also kidnaps the ice trucker that he plowed through earlier in the film. I mean the ice trucker had to still be alive before the finally or else the cops would have noticed he was pretty cold to be driving a truck through a motel. Just bad, bad, bad and calling for an unnecessary sequel.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I don't really get out much to the theater to see movies.
But I have been checking on the Box Office and JOYRIDE has moved down to 12th place
Conclusion - I am guessing the DVD is not that far away
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was a great & fun ride. Very intense,funny & exciting. The direction was right on & made my heart skip a few beats at certain parts. The acting was all dead on & delivered...especially that one guy(forgot his name) who played the main guys trouble making brother.
As for the trucker......While it may seem illogical that he could know all that he does ect. Thats what makes it scarier because we DON'T know & he some how can get info on people. So don't think about that to hard & just let the atmosphere take over & enjoy ride.
.....& he's still out there. So there cross country trip from hell isn't over yet! Unless he thinks there dead & goes on to chase someone else?
+ when it was all over late the night i saw it. I ended up speeding at least 10-20miles over the speed limit all the way home & was to afraid to stop! That's never happened to me before. Usually when i see a creepy movie, i'm ok after it & drive normaly + most movies today aren't that creepy. Yet this was differnet & had me on edge after.
***1/2 to ****, i can't decide right now,but it was a really creepy & awsome movie.
Check it out!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks