What's new

***Official CABIN FEVER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: I really dug May, even more than the other horror films I saw this year. We went to see Big Fish a couple of nights ago and I just loved that film, obviously not horror but I know you didn't like it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That's it, I give up! Three strikes and you're out Nick. There has to be someone down under with some taste!;)

At least you like The Sopranos!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I have to give points for the leg shaving scene though. The one moment that got under my skin - so to speak.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Holy Macaroni. I go away for a week and the Cabin comes crashin' in!

My thoughts:

It's quite possible that a small degree of my intital enthusiasm for the flick comes from the fact that I saw it with a very enthusiastic crowd at a midnight showing at a mega-fun film festival. I'll be purchasing the DVD soon and I sincerely expect the flick to hold up quite well for me.

If my five-star ravings caused you to drop 16 bucks on a movie you truly hated, then you have my apologies. But I don't apologize for liking the film; I thought it a grossly lovable and admirably silly genre-stew, and one that wears its affection for its inspiration right there on its gooey sleeve.

I can certainly see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, even those who of you who (like me) are bona-fide Horror Hobags.

...May? May's another story. If you don't love that movie then you officially have no soul. :D

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
This movie was a piece of garbage. It is a prime example of cheesy, direct to video fare that somehow received a theatrical release. What a waste.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
..May? May's another story. If you don't love that movie then you officially have no soul
Scott if anything it can't be said you don't have good taste in horror films;). May, well simply put.....R-O-C-K-E-D! Awesome little movie with great performances and a seriously whacked out tale.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Romier, but I'm hardly the only one out there (or, indeed, here at HTF) who harbors strong affections for May. But in the interest of promoting the myth that I have good taste in horror flicks, I'd also profess my deep love for Frailty, Session 9, The Devil's Backbone, Ravenous, and the upcoming Saw . :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I am proud to say that I therefore am soulless.:D

May, imo, was the worst film released last year. Take everything Scott and Romier (and others) said positive about it, reverse it, and you have my opinion!

Cabin Fever is the Citizen Kane of "horror" films compared to crap like MAY.

Anyone else have no soul?;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Right On Scott! I liked those films very much as well.:emoji_thumbsup:

We're not that far off after all.:)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
What's a May? ;)

Just kidding. I'll have to see if it exists at my local store. I watch horror films for three reasons (four if you want to talk to the artsy side of me that the other three keeps telling to shut up)

1. Gore
2. Scary
3. Kickass creatures

Strangely enough, I'm also hardest on the horror genre too.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
2. Scary
Not exactly scary but there is a level of being "disturbed" by the character of May in general. Its definitely a lower key movie and has a kind of TV movie feel to it since its lower budget but its a great little character study IMHO. Feel free to disagree (As Tino has so vehemently already done:D)

No monsters or creatures though so don't expect any.

Michael Whan

Auditioning
SPOILER

I thought the funniest line of the entire film was the exchange with the shopkeeper after being caught shoplifting.

Give me one reason why you just stole that Snickers bar.

The nougat?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I thought the movie was passible, but it was marketed as straight horror... This movie was not straight horror... Was it horror at all??? I suppose it is meant to be a parody of sorts...

For example, the whacked out kid who bites hands and does the karate moves??? What is this suppose to be???

Why does everyone start attacking the old melted flesh dude who only wants help??? It's obvious he is in some sort of wild situation??? Why start attacking him with a baseball bat and busting up one's car??? None of these college stoners even go for help??? How come the annoying FU guy never said he saw this guy to begin with???

Why does the one gal keep shaving her legs after her skin peels off???

Too many questions... I can think of many more...

On one hand... The movie did disturb me a bit... Not so much that it was scary... Just the fact that a skin disease such as this is a scary thought...

Grimmy gives this movie 2 1/4 out of 5 deaths!!!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Why is he even in the woods at all after finding Lassie much earlier that day??? He was so disturbed, chances are he would have zoomed home and headed for the Jack Daniels...
Where he found his dog dead was his home. Hence "crazy hermit."

You ask why the kids didn't help, or why they didn't handle the situation better...and that's partially the point of the film. There is no MacReady to steady the group into a relatively logical course of action. They either under-react or over-react to every situation. Between that and their in-fighting, they turn a survivable situation into a bloodbath for all.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Never mind then...

I didnt know the guy was a hermit... I thought that the woman chopping the pig was his wife??? The two college guys saw a picture of some guy in her house and they freaked out...

Who was the picture of??? Why did they freak out???

I was kind of bored while watching the movie and zoned out every now and then... I wasnt really all that focused... I was also doing internet work at the same time after the first 15 minutes of the movie...

So, I guess I was confused... My apoligies...

P.S. Your right... I completely forget the guy was shot... I just saw the movie 2 days ago and have actually forgotten much about it already...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
She said that he was her cousin. They did see a picture of him when they freaked out.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Thought this movie had potential, but failed to deliver. Just didn't know if it wanted to be a horror flick, teen flick, or a comedy. Nice gore, bad story.

I was so disapointed, wanted to like this one.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks