What's new

Oddest Last Names You've Come Across (1 Viewer)

Steven K

Supporting Actor
There iswas a guy in the Jackson, TN phonebook named

"Anis Maness."

I've also heard about a guy named "E. Rex Cox"

I feel bad for the poor guy out there who's name is

"Al Cada"

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
hmmm just a couple for you.

friend of the family: Dick Dickens - very cool guy

mothers maiden name: Buckham. (spelled with a B, people!)

a friend of mine had an asian customer first name "Phuk" sp? she couldn't control herself and just had to repeat it as much as she could in normal conversation. "is your name PHUK" "alright PHUK", "so what do you think about this, PHUK", etc... after she was gone my friend couldn't stop laughing and had to go for lunch....

Mike Huay

Stunt Coordinator
I got some messages at an old job every few months, that I always thought was staff playing a joke on me.

There would be a phone message slip that said

"Dick LaPalm called, tel. ...."

I always threw them away.

Then once I was in the office, and

got his call. Real guy, real name!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
One of my roommates, during his first year at university, brought home a Chastity and a Charity back to back weeks, no joke.

My mothers maiden name is Bugg.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, I agree the Terminal Restaurant sounds unappealing, but at least you could eat there. You reminded me of a small cafe in my home town (Barrow-in-Furness, for the record) which closed for lunch. I swear I am not making that up.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
One of my roommates, during his first year at university, brought home a Chastity and a Charity back to back weeks, no joke.
Maybe he brought them home, but I'll bet he only got lucky with one of them. :) (Of course, he probably got very lucky with her.)
But actually, those aren't unusual names, at least they didn't used to be. Lots of girls were given the names of the traditional Christian virtues - Faith, Hope, Charity, Chastity. They're less common than they used to be, but hardly odd.
Andrew:
A cafe that closes for lunch, eh? That's like a church closing for Christmas Day, isn't it? :)
And since you're from the U.K., you'll probably recognize one of my favorite acronyms, that for the Sci-Fi Channel on your side of the Pond: SFCUK. Man, I'll bet they have to be real careful typing that in a memo or on their website. :)
Regards,
Joe

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
Former U.S. Congressman from NH and current U.S. Ambassador to Denmark--

Dick Swett.

-------

"Mom...Dad...how could you?"

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
In France I believe it is forbidden to name kids in ways that could be detrimental to them.

--

Holadem

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember the basketball player named God Shamm-God? He played college ball at Providence, but I don't know what happened to him after that.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Oh, I didn't see anyone else post this, so I thought I'd throw it in.

Back in the mid ninety's David Letterman used to call up this guy every week from Canada named Dick Assman.

The horror.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I recall a line from the old Mork & Mindy TV show: Mork is talking on the phone to someone he picked at random out of the phone book...
"No, you don't know me--but I figured with a name like Lipschitz, you had to be a real fun guy!"
:laugh:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
In my hometown of under 1000 people there was a guy by the name of Fred G. Daft; kids (not that I knew anyone who did this ;) ) would often call and ask, "Are you daft?" a la Bart Simpson.
He eventually married a woman named Betty L. Guk. I think she traded up, but not by much.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
In one of his books Dick Cavett mentioned his aunt, Edith Picton, who married a man named Ralph Appleoff, thus becoming Edith Picton Appleoff. He swears this is true. :)
Regards,
Joe

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'm dying over here! Phuc D. Ho....too funny!

How bout my accounting professor: Adolph Oliver Nipple

jk

KyleK

Second Unit
It's not as funny as some of the names in this thread, but my optomitrist(eye doctor) is Dr. Sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks