What's new

Oddest Last Names You've Come Across (2 Viewers)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This Lance wouldn't be the one who manages the Alliance Atlantis theaters in Vancouver?
Dunno. But I can tell you that either Rod or Lance (can't remember which) looks an awful lot like Kurt Russell, though younger.
I just thought of another one.
I once had to call a guy whose surname was Mycock. Trying to avoid embarrassment, I asked for "Mr. Mick-cock."
The guy says to me: "That's My-cock." Well, I supose he would know. :laugh:

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I used to work in the reservations center for a major hotel chain, and some of the names I came across that still stick with me are:
Walter Winterbottom
Herbert Gerbert
Nescafe' Golar
and
William Glasscock
:laugh:

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Well, I have worked at an insurance place, and I curently work at a help desk. There is 2 that I can think of right off. The first is Manual Labor. We saw that one, and had a good chuckle. The next person is Karen and her last name is Hooker. They guy that was talking to her is the biggest flirt I have ever heard on the phone. Me and one of the guys that sits by me were saying that he was trying to pick up a Hooker. :D

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
My pop used to work with a Korean man named "When Who" (though I'm not sure how it was spelled).
There was a "Beth Western" in my highschool.
This one is hard to believe, but I SWEAR that one of my best friends my freshmen year of college was named "John Canough" but he often went by "Jack" so he was "Jack Canough"
Priceless :laugh:

DavidY

Supporting Actor
There is a dentist in Vancouver that is named Dr. Hacker. Everytime I walk by his Broadway office, I just crack up.

A boyhood friend of my brother had a surname "Dick". I guess that he has heard every joke possible.

Dave

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
In high school, my wife knew a Kelly Green AND a Heather Gray. She was working in public health and came across this name on a record: Celestial Hickey. What the hell were they thinking?

Woman I met in college had the last name Casebeer.

Anybody remember God Shamgodd (b-ball player from Providence a few years back)?

One of my all-time favorites is from this tabloid about European royalty that my mother gets (called "Point de Vue", she's a French teacher): Pimpinella von Hohenlohe (HO-en-lo-ah).

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a teacher so I've seen many interesting names.

Some of my favorites that I remember.

Sunny Peppers

Josephine Jo Josephs (she went by J^3 - J-cubed)

Phyboon Thynthoonak

Mitchell Mitchell

King Major Miner

I recently read an article about a woman with the name...

Anne Thrax.

Banister Wells

Angelina Puss

A pair of twins named: Zelma Jessie & Zella Bessie

Anyway, have fun with those.

Dr. Joe

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
My last name is Hiscock!!
I happen to work at a law firm called Hiscock & Barclay. Some people I regularly email say that part of my email address gets cut off in their inbox, so it comes out: ____@hiscockbar.

We had a client once named Anita Fuchs. I saw a letter in her file once where the secretary had substituted a k for the h in her last name -- which means it was actually sent to her that way.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I went to school with these two:

Sheeza Goody

Lacey Sheets

This was a salesman:

Stanton Taule

And, this girl I dated:

Season Tutase

Bruce

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Theres an Ida Ho at my school, and Misty Bath...

my friends' called JiaJia... most people call him JarJar (binks)... he's almost as annoying has jarjar too.. :p)

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of a friend married into her name, which is now Gay Hooker.

I worked with a guy called Graven Batstone.

My wife works with a woman named Blender, which was apparently a misprint on her birth certificate that she liked and kept.

There's a guy at work now called Randy Buck. I thought that was a joke until I met him.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I used to teach at Nuclear Power School in the Navy, and one of my students was Thomas Samples. Of course, everyone was addressed by their titles, in his case, an E-3 electronics tech-

Seaman Samples.

Since the whole class (nor I, for that matter) NEVER tired of laughing at this every time I called on him, he quickly became Seaman Tommy. And he was really glad to make E4- Petty Officer Samples.

Todd

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I've met more than enough Mr. and/or Ms./Mrs. Whitehead(s)

-Bert

P.S.-One of my teachers name is Mr. Whitehead

Y'know, it's true whot they say about misery loving company. I had no idea when this thread started that there'd be that many souls just as (or even way more) unfortunate than i.

So lemme just add to this glorious pile-on..

I just remembered that I knew a cute girl in my university days whose first name was Hayhoe (pretty sure that's how it was spelt. phonetically, "hey, ho").

Trevor H

Second Unit
Speaking of Dick Hardin, I have an uncle named Dick Harder.

A girl my cousin went to high school with was named Anita Dyck.

I'm not making this up!!!

Will K

Screenwriter
I dealt with a couple once whose last name was Chokula. They weren't too terribly thrilled when I pronounced it as Chocula, as in Count Chocula the breakfast cereal. There's also a urologist in my town named Dr. Dong.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Real names I've encountered:

Dick Hare (former boss of my brother-in-law)

General Washington (loan officer for a mortgage company where I worked.)

I used to work for a bank that ran a program to encourage parents to save early for their kids education. We bought the mailing list from My Weekly Reader to use in our solicitations, addressing the letters to "The parents of" so-and-so. Some of the names these folks were handing out constituted child abuse all by themselves:

If your last name is Sawyer, do not name your son "Tom" - not unless you want him to spend the rest of his life listening to the same half-dozen "jokes"

(And don't name your kid "Huckleberry" regardless of your last name.)

We had more than a few "Michael Hunts" for whose future I feared. (Can you just imagine one of being paged in a bar, "Mike Hunt? Has anybody seen Mike Hunt?")

And if you already have a rather precious-sounding name (especially one that is hyphenated), don't name your son Ashley, or Adrian, or give him a first name that is also a last name. Not unless you like having him come home from school by ambulance at least once a week.

Regards,

Joe

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I was at school with Ian Paul Downward, which sounded okay until you saw it on official documents ('I.P. Downward'). I know a Professor Reason (a psychologist). There's a butcher's shop owned by an A. Butcher (the sign outside read 'A. Butcher, Meat Purveyor'). I know of a Richard Everard (think about it) and an Ann Teak.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I always liked Dick Butkus. I first heard the name when I was like 10 years old. I laughed my ass off for about 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks