What's new

Odd Couple Season 2 release date (1 Viewer)

monkeyman

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
corey any more news on the dvd yet, hope its worth getting with all the music mess going on

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

So far I've yet to encounter any real music mess. Felix sings all the old radio themes on "Meet Their Host." there's plenty of songs on Rigelleto. He sings to the Greyhound and he sings on the island vacation.

I'm thinking Paramount is now slapping that warning on all their titles just in case they have to - this way they have an out if something goes wrong.

monkeyman

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
sounds promising so far, thanks corey, cant wait for this one, season one was amazing, love all the extras also

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

It's just after the Happy Days season 2 business, it seems like we fear for the worst with these warnings with Paramount. I'm guessing because the songs used on these episodes weren't Golden oldies, the music publishers didn't get extra greedy. Plus knowing how they kept trying to keep the budget low so ABC wouldn't completely cancel the series, they probably avoided choice cuts.

What also is interesting is checking out how they pretty much ran all new episodes with the exception of the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now it seems like a surprise to actually find a new episode of a sitcom outside of sweeps months.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor

I am pointing out these are the original songs and who sang them, so if the new DVDs are different from what I listed, then they must have changed them. Sorry for the confusion, I have not bought this set as yet.
I know this show very well, and if I hear something out of place when I get this set, I will certainly confirm any changes.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Does sound like they did swap out that song. But they kept the "Bunny Hop" music.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
My verdict on the DVDVerdict review is that there's too much whining about there being "no extras", which the reviewer says is "disrespectful". Hey, come on --- we're damn lucky to be getting this season, and hopefully all the rest too, on those cool single-case multidisc holders that Paramount uses. There are many nice extras on Season 1 already, and maybe we'll get more on later seasons. Just relax and enjoy, and stop crying.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The problem with Extras is that unless they have already been produced for another project (such as a TVLand special), they cost a nice chunk of change to produce. And thus they put a burden on the sales numbers since you got to make up for the budget. Less excuses for Paramount to slow down the release schedule, the happier I am.

What I don't get is why Paramount/CBS titles don't always grab Entertainment Tonight segments that relate to the show or actors on the show. They ought to have all that stuff in a database.

After seasons 1 & 2, the Odd Couple has become my "Damn it, they better put all five seasons out" series.

and it's not like Garry Marshall's introductions to the episodes on season 1 gave any real insight. "This one's called..."

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Oh, those were completely useless. But I liked the bonus stuff like seeing Jack and Tony on the Mike Douglas show.

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
i LOVE the single sized cases as well.
If ALL my tvshow on dvd collections were in those? oh the space.

monkeyman

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
yeah but i dont understand why it says on the box that some of the music has been changed, so there must be something either changed or missing, as much as i really really want this set iam still a little worried about it, i am going to wait for a complete review before i purchase this one, i have season one and it is fantastic

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

If you're a fan of the show, what's to be gained by waiting or passing up season 2? So far the reviews cannot spot anything "obviously" missing, and what are your alternatives if you don't buy? To settle for old incomplete TV syndicated copies with commercial cuts?

monkeyman

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
your right about that for sure, trust me i am a huge fan of the show and so far the reviews have not noticed anything different so i am sure i will grab it on tuesday , i wont be able to resist despite what i said, although that comment about the speak for yourself episode has me a bit worried with just one more chance being tampered with possibly

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I just got the set...
Just watched the first 2 eps. and I'm very happy to report the video quality is excellent. My friend Chris is the OC expert in my group so he'll know what is missing if anything at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks