What's new

Odd Couple Season 2 release date (1 Viewer)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Speak For Yourself does indeed have its music replaced. All of the instances of Just One More Chance have been changed. The rest of the score seems intact. Not the most major replacement in the world, but disappointing, especially as the replacement is poorly chosen.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
it is strange that they cleared the song for the first season, but couldn't nail down the rights for season 2. Oh well.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Too bad about the music replacement for SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. I didn't get to that episode yet, but last night I watched the first 9 episodes, and the video quality is really nice and everything else seems intact. I'm very glad to have this release and really want the rest of the seasons.

One quibble about Season 2 (which also happened with Season 1) is that the theme music is always ear-shatteringly loud, and I find myself having to lower it on my sound system ... but then I have to bring it up again to hear the voices. Why is this? Why is the music always pumped up?

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I would agree that the replacement song could have been better, but in no way should this be a deal breaker for buying this great set. But the amazing thing is there will be someone who won't buy it because of this.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Last night I watched SPEAK FOR YOURSELF and I couldn't even tell where the music had been replaced, and I'm a pretty big Odd Couple fan. Granted, this isn't one of the episodes I know by heart, but was the replacement near the end when Felix is playing the record? It really wasn't a big deal at all, though while hearing the music Gloria says "that's our song" (so perhaps the specific title of "Just One More Chance" is meant to be relevant - Felix does refer to it again in later shows, and it's a poignant sentiment whenever he wants another chance to get back with Gloria). But really, I wouldn't have even been aware that the song was replaced.

This tiny thing is no reason not to buy the set. All the episodes look excellent and many are funny as hell.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Good gracious! I hope no one misinterpreted me that way. The set is great and every man, woman and child in America should own it! I have been enjoying scenes I have never before seen in my 25 years of Odd Couple fandom. I only wanted to settle the music question accurately.

(And to that end, the song first plays when Felix tells Gloria he loves her in the restaurant, and then plays again when Oscar proposes to her. I only didn't like the replacement because the tempo is much faster than the original choice and so it changes the mood a little. And yes, it was also nice having it after Felix referred to it as their song in "Engrave Trouble" last year.)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I can't wait to See the Sleep Walking Episode it's one of my Fav's.. Pits. Pits.. Pits...

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

Lee, I wasn't picking you out...sorry, I'm glad you are enjoying this set.

I'm still waiting to see if my friend Chris will pick this music change out. I bet he does....

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

I never thought I see the term "pump and dump her" in a OC review...
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:D

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Defect Alert???
Disc 4
Episode-"Oscar's Promotion"
At the 17:09 mark the picture becomes slightly unfocused and the colors seem to fade in and out.
It lasts for about a minute.

Anyone else???

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Now that you mention it, I did spot that but had completely forgotten about it and it wasn't really a big deal. No offense, but that sort of thing is really nitpicking. These episodes look excellent. I mean, 1 minute out of 575 minutes...??

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there are some warped colors a couple of times in that episode. I don't think I'd call that a DVD defect, though - it's more likely a problem with the source material...

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Somone from another board said that the "Fat Farm" episode is cut for time. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Jack

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I wasn't nitpicking Joe...just asking if anyone else had the same MINOR issue with the disc. I am more than happy with these discs.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

it seems to be something going weird with the film - but while it goes dim on the frame, mine doesn't lose focus.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
TVshowsondvd says that Odd Couple Season 3 is due out Jan. 22nd! Hopefully this is a sign that Parmount will have all 5 season out on the shelf before next year is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks