What's new

No Audio in Yamaha AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

helm

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hi, I am in need for some advice here with my new Yamaha RX-V2065 AV Receiver. I thought I was making progress in working out the functions of this Receiver but I have come unstuck again and can not work out what to do. I seemed to have all the functions working playing DVD Blu-Ray Audio CD and audio from USB stick and all was working fine when I last turned the machine off, but now I can not get any Audio from either my DVD Recorder CD or Blu Ray player only sound I get is when I switch on the Tuner no problem there at all. I am fairly certain that it is most likely just a setting that need changing, all connections are HDMI and movies are playing ok just silent. When playing CD’s the tracks are displayed on the TV screen and are playing but no sound. On the Screen of the Receiver when sound is available the selected speaker setup is indicated for example 2 channel Stereo or 5 channel surround, but now it is not showing it will indicate PCM but that is it. Anyone knowing how to get the ball rolling again, I would be very grateful. As you can see I am no expert with this new toy.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Two things to try - first, make sure the audio input is set correctly. Each source (DVD, CD, etc) can usually be set to pull audio from different connections (HDMI, optical, digital coax). On some receivers it's too easy to accidentally switch this. (So all of a sudden the receiver wants to pull the audio from the optical input instead of the HDMI, as an example.)

The other thing to check is the "B" speaker selection. On some receivers the "B" channel only works with analog, so if you accidentally turn on "A" *and* "B", you get no sound. (Or, maybe you just turned "A" off and only have "B".)

helm

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hi and thank you. On your first suggestion I could not work out on any of my controls on how to change that, to my surprise this AV has no speaker A and B, my old 12 year old Yamaha did, but this one does not, it only has 3 zones. But I now don't think that this would have been the problem as after some pushing around audio came back again, but not for very long when I tried to use the auto speaker setup, after plugging in the mic it could not find the front speakers, yet plugging in my USB stick, front and all other speakers are there and working, same with the Tuner works fine, go back to any other unit DVD Rec. or Blu-Ray and no Audio and there are no speakers showing on the AV display. After again pushing wires around at the back Audio comes back, but there are no loose connections the HDMI cables are inserted firmly. I now wonder if there are any internal problems. The thing that intrigues me is, that both HDMI units have no Audio when it fails I could understand if one had a loose connection but it is either none works, or both work. Very frustrating.

helm

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Well I have found the answer to my problem, just in case someone might find themselfs in a similar situation.

My mistake was that I turned on the Blu-Ray player before the AV Receiver.

I must turn on the AV before any other component such as DVD or Blu_Ray player.

Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks