What's new
World Wide Stereo

Newbie Question From Not-So-Newbie Enthusiast (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I purchased a stereo receiver to listen to my vinyl collection but decided to put it to better use and hooked it up to my TV, replacing a sound bar. The primary reason I did this was so that I could be able to use headphones when watching movies at night (a personal preference), but I'm beginning to enjoy blasting the system whenever I have the chance. My problem is, I've got 2 Blu-ray players (a region-free unit in addition to my primary one) hooked up to the TV and I can only get both video and audio out of the primary unit and only video out of the second. The receiver doesn't have HDMI inputs so I've got it plugged in directly to the TV, so how come I can't get audio out of the 2nd player? I thought HDMI connections are supposed to carry both video and audio, yet I get both from one connection but only video from the second. The receiver's lack of inputs is a problem but I really want to keep using it for movie watching. What are my options?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks