What's new
World Wide Stereo

New upgrade..HTPC.. (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
here's a few shots of my recent upgrade..the TV is a 51" and this is my setup..thanks for looking!

ps..the pics don't do it justice..I should have had a tripod and these were all handheld..but they are not that bad considering..

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of audio card do you have to have in your PC to generate the sound in 5.1 or higher to your receiver? Is it just a digital output?

I know PC's but I'm not sure about this aspect.

Looks nice BTW.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
Josh I have a soundblaster live 5.1 card 24 bit..to connect to the receiver you get a mono 1/8 plug to mono RCA from radioshack..plug it into your digital coaxial input on your receiver and the 1/8 plug into the SPDIF output on the sound card..then just enable SPDIF in the PC audio settings..works perfect..only thing I have to do is change the output to 48 Khz from 96 khz when doing anything other than watching DVD's..

Chris_HA

Agent
What a pain. Makes me happy I gave up my SB 5.1 card a while ago. Get a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 or 7.1 card with has an RCA Coax-Out on the back. I never need to change any settings, and it passes DTS every time, something I was having a problem doing with the SB card.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
it's no pain at all..I can leave the settings at 48khz for everything and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference..I actually usually leave it at 48khz..I can pass DTS, DD5.1 through zoom player and ffdshow..I have 0 complaints at all with the SB card..quite nice..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks