What's new

New TV, but which one? (1 Viewer)

MichaelKn

Auditioning
Hello!

I am about to upgrade and finally get a HDTV, yet I am still debating on which one to purchase. I was thinking about getting a DLP or and LCD, since I can’t afford the plasma.

My TV budget is slightly above 3000 (but i would prefur not to be that high, but it is plausable) but that needs to cover the TV, Stand, and an extended warrenty for the TV. The TV wil be used for videogames (xbox, ps2, gamecube, plus next generation consoles) as well as watching lots of DVDs. Here is my current list:
(i just found out i cant post direct link to the sites so i will quote the specs for each TV)

DLP's

50’ Samsung HL-P5063W

What are your thoughts? Any better ideas for a TV? Your thoughts are greatly apprecaited

John S

Senior HTF Member
I vote Sony LCD RP.

The Panasonic is more than decent. But more Screen Door Effect than the Sony.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Watch for the new line of Samsung 1080p DLP's starting in July.

I am waiting to see 2005 plans for a lot of these companies unfold fairly soon. Wait just a little bit longer!

MichaelKn

Auditioning
yeah i heard/seen the specs on those all it adds is the 1080p which is not a huge huge deal to me, plus when those come out it will be above the price i wanna pay ^_^;

Mike.N

Grip
If you have some modest light control consider a front projector. We've used on for years as our primary display and have enjoyed it very much.

We just got the new Toshiba MT700. It's totally amazing! Cost just $2500. You can get a DYI screen for under $50. Hook up your receiver and your set!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
If you have a Sam's Club nearby, I just saw that they have a 61" Samsung DLP with matching stand for $2995.

It's what they call a one time buy, so I think once they're gone, they're gone.

May be worth a look if you can.

Alfer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks