What's new

New Marantz AVR - speaker Buzz (1 Viewer)

Russac

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Hello!

I’ve recently swapped out an Onkyo TX-NR1010 AVR in my 7.2 home theatre system to a Marantz SR7012. After hookup and calibration I’m hearing audible (and irritating) buzz through all 7 speakers. I went though the process of disconnecting inputs one by one to determine th source and I found that the buzz stops when I disconnect the two rca connections from the receivers pre subwoofer outs. The two sub lines run from the AVR to a Bheringer Feedback Destroyer Pro/EQ and then to a Bheringer EuroPower 4000 amp.

Any thoughts on how to reslve the speaker buzz as the two Danley DTS subs are critical to my setup. I didn’t have this issue with the prior AVR.

Russac

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Thanks for the suggestion - but all pieces of equipment are all plugged into the same strip/outlet and the buzz persists from all speakers while the subs are attached.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The two sub lines run from the AVR to a Bheringer Feedback Destroyer Pro/EQ and then to a Bheringer EuroPower 4000 amp.

Have you tried...
  1. Eliminating the Bheringer.
  2. Running only a single sub
I know neither is your ultimate goal but they may help in diagnosing the problem. In the end I think it will boil down to some sort of grounding issue as @Wayne A. Pflughaupt suggested.

This may also help.

https://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/ground-loops-eliminating-system-hum-and-buzz

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What kind of connections are you using between the receiver and the pro gear?

As a side note, high-powered amplifiers should NOT be plugged into power strips, especially cheap ones (have no idea what yours is like). The should be plugged in directly to the wall.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DigitalDawn

Agent
Real Name
Dawn Luks
The first thing I would check is the cable line. Disconnect the coaxial cable from your cable box and see if that solves the problem. If it does there's an easy fix.

Russac

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Thanks all. So far, I’ve been able to rule out the Feedback Destroyer Pro and AVR. The buzz appears to be coming from the sub Europower amp- but it’s onbthe same circuit as all other equipment.... hmm.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks all. So far, I’ve been able to rule out the Feedback Destroyer Pro and AVR. The buzz appears to be coming from the sub Europower amp- but it’s onbthe same circuit as all other equipment.... hmm.

Hmm is correct. I'm not familiar with the Europower [or the Bheringer] but the thing is, you said it all worked fine until you switched out the Onkyo AVR for the Marantz. When that sort of thing happens you have to eliminate potential culprits until the symptom disappears and then rebuild your system until the symptom reappears. That's how troubleshooting works.

In other words, as painful as it may sound, if you still have the Onkyo, I would start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks