What's new
World Wide Stereo

new home theatre setup (1 Viewer)

sunilkis

Auditioning
i am trying to setup my hometheatre. room size is 25x15x12. budget for speakers is about 5k. need suggestions and opions on speaker, recevier and monitor
i am thinking about mitsubishi dlp - 60 inch. definitive techonolgy 7000series for speakers. not sure about the receiver and dvd player.

R:o:b

Agent
Thats like asking someone to help you pick a car, so many options... what are u looking for in speakers, floorstanding/bookshelf/wallmounted? what size sub? do u want 5.1/6.1/7.1? are u going to be using seperate amps?

sunilkis

Auditioning
floor standing speakers in front, wall mounted for surrounds
preferably 7.1
whats a seperate amp ?
i was thinking 12 inch sub.........
or is it too small??
thanks

sunilkis

Auditioning
no suggestions ?????????????
how about the axionms epic 80-500 or 80-600 ??
what kind of receiver will these speakers need ?
thanks

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I have too agree R:O:B... maybe this will help you out.

1) Speakers- If you want 7.1> front/center/sides/rear. For that size room...Floor standers are fine. Be sure what ever you do...your Center channel- wich is extremely important- matches your front speakers too a tee. Sides-lot of folks like dipoles- but you dont have too. Rear can be wall mounted bookshelves no problem. Brands? Holy cow. lots too choose from: B&W,Swan,DefTech,Polk,Axiom,OHm,and tons more- check out the speaker section of the forum.

2) Power- You can go 2 ways...some even combo them:

A) A/V stereo- Has all your surround/amps/etc all in one nice package. These can be had in 5.1/6.1/7.1 recievers with multitudes of different features. Brands: Onkyo,Harmen Karmen,Yamaha,Denon,Marantz,Integra and more.

B) Get a Pre-Pro...wich will basically be a tuner with surround functions....but no power. then you can buy amps to go with it. You get better sound normally- but takes up more realestate! Brands: B&K,Mac,Adcom,Odyssey and many more.

3)connections: On this site has good areas too purchase your cables from-

This is just the basics- you still need a DVD player... if you dont have one...

Best thing too do is figure out generaly what you want- then go see/touch and hear it! You are the one to please.

sunilkis

Auditioning
thanks ROB and Thomas for you inputs
for receiver i was debating between yamaha, denon and hk..with 7.1 capabilities..
whats Pre-Pro ?? and do i need amplifier ??
i was thinking about the Oppo DVD
monster cable?? or is it a big no no
if i buy the epic 80-600 package do i need to buy sub from a different company ??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sp2024
Recent bookmarks