Network DVD Sale

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Neil Brock, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

It's on now. Good deals on many series, although Human Jungle is too new to be included. Just be careful as if you put more than 2 items in an order they will automatically default to a 40 pound shipping.

2. Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard Second Unit

Jason
    I got up to 3 items on mine before I hit it. I think it's dependent on weight, so anything big might be out of reach for US shipping.

3. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Screenwriter

Glen
    Yeah, I tried for THE SAINT Complete Monochrome set and the shipping was 40 pounds! Unbelievable even if it is 18 discs.

Anyone seen THE PUBLIC EYE? I was thinking of getting the first two volumes.

4. Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard Second Unit

Jason
    Public Eye is great! One of my favorite series, and Alfred Burke is amazing in it.

5. silverking

silverking Guest

I agree with Guy that 'Public Eye' is excellent. Ran here in the UK for many years, sadly quite a number of episodes are now lost.
    Bear in mind that it is not an action/adventure series. There are no gangsters, car chases, fights or shootings. Marker is a slightly seedy private detective living on the edge & his cases are mostly petty crime. However it is intelligently scripted & Alfred Burke is wonderful as Frank Marker.
    The reviews at Amazon UK should give you a good idea of the flavour of the series.

6. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    The Public Eye: A Box Named Frank set is worth getting, with a 200+ page book called Public Eye: Six Guineas a Day, Plus Expenses about the series included in the set. This book is also available to buy separately, but only on Network's website.

Was hoping there would be a Network sale before the end of the year. The sale on at the moment ends at midnight Sunday 16th December.