What's new

Need suggestions for a new home theater system (1 Viewer)

Hi All,

Currently I have the following gear:
Samsung 4092D 40" LCD
Mac Mini HTPC (running windows 7)
PS3 (so I don't need a bluray or dvd player)

I want to replace an old yamaha system that is using rocketfish to make the rear speakers 'wireless' but it has no hdmi and the sound quality is not so hot.

I am looking for a system that can take HDMI input from the mini, the input from the ps3 (is it hdmi?) pump out 5.1 sound and give me a great picture- at least as good as I can on my 1360x768 tv.

Wireless is a huge plus, sound need to be great, and my budget is under $1000. There just so much stuff out there I need help!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hello Bryan,

How where you planning oh hooking up the Mac Mini to a reciever? The problem with the Mac Mini in the mix is that unless it has an HDMI there are not many low to mid range recievers that have DVI inputs.

The PS3 should have a HDMI output so that is no problem. Are you just looking for a reciever by itself or are you looking for speakers as well? And for that budget you may get good sound, but to be honest I wouldn't say that great is possible in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks