What's new
World Wide Stereo

need serious help with new TV..it now has DVI and I need VGA! (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my philips 46" TV replaced with a 51pw9363 philips..they gave me 5 inches on waranty! sweet! but problem..I was using the VGA on YPrPb for my DVD player..the new TV only has DVI and has no option to swicth RGB to YPrPb..it only says it accepst HD (TMDS) inputs..can I just use a VGA -DVI adaptor? or will this not work at all? can someone please help..

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You're confusing the formats maybe? If you were using VGA from a DVD player (if this is in fact what you were using, it sounds like you were actually using component, not VGA), VGA is the same as RGB. So if it IS VGA that you need, you may just need a breakout cable from VGA to RGB, such as this:
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Pro...les/SCVM5B.asp

But it sounds like this may not be what you need, so I'm now confused...
;)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
chris..my old TV had a VGA (HD15) input..I made a VGA breakout component cable to use it with my DVD player..the TV has one component HD input and one VGA input..both are fully switchable from RGB->YPrPb..when using the VGA breakout cable the VGA HD input had to be on YPrPb..anyway I routed the component cables through my receiver and it now does the switching..I heard most receivers won't pass enough bandwitch for EDTV or HDTV, but everything looks great and 1080i from my xbox on syberia looks very clean and sharp..is there any problem with doing this? cus this is a better setup than using the VGA input..thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks