What's new

Need Help With Another longlost filmtitel, Please! (1 Viewer)

Hi there.

For the past month an old obsession of mine has reemerged. It envolves an old movie I saw in the mid-eighties on home-video. I haven't seen the movie since, and has been unable to find anybody who can help me with the titel of the flick - or even the name of any one of the actors in it.

The few things I remember about the plot is, that - i think - some experiment is being conducted on the population on a small town by putting something in the drinking-water or something to that effect.

The most vivid recollections I have is of a bad guy wearing an all white suit, with white hair and - possibly - sunglassen (an albino, maybe?), and also this guys troops using lasersight on their machineguns, when they go in to eliminate the one (or perhaps two, I really don't remember) persons who are uneffected by the chemicals(or whatever it was).

I know that the plot-outline is very similar to Dean Koontz's Night Chills which was written sometime before this movie. But I am almost positive that this isn't an adabtion of this novel. Several searches on the Net and IMDB and other ressources hasn't produced any new information.

Hope that one or two of you out there can help me. For some reason there was something in the movie that stuck with me. Therefore, I should really like to see it again. But in order to do that I have to have a titel or an actor.

Thanks!

/Michael

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
Could it be Impulse?
Link Removed
Tim Matheson, Meg Tilly, Hume Cronyn, Bill Paxton - Released in 1984. If memory serves, it was contaminated milk that caused the citizens of a small town to 'lose their inhibitions', which paves the way for all sports of fistfights, shoplifting, adultery, and general mayhem.

Thanks Scott, but I am pretty sure this isn't it.

As far as I recall the plot was something about people going nuts or dying or something. Perhaps the whole experiment was conducted by the government, but I think it was a 'private' interprise.

I seem to remember something about a single protagonist with submachineguns and him being chased by helicopters.

I know this is a weird request as I do not give many clues. But I am thankful, that you are taking the time to try and help me.

It just struck me that I think I once saw the actor playing the 'albino' bad guy, playing the role of an irish antagonist in a Murder, She Wrote episode. I have, however, not been able to ascertain which episode it was (having scanned through all entrys on Epguides.com).

/Michael

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
There was such a movie, albino and all, and yes, it's in the water, but I have no idea what it's called and I don't even know if I ever did know what the name was. I also remember Impulse, but I don't think it's the same deal either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks