What's new

Hello. New here and need help finding a movie. I'm looking for an old movie that was probably made in the late 70's or early 80's (1 Viewer)

Grizabella

Auditioning
Real Name
Ellen Easton
I'm looking for a movie called Things That Go Bump in the Night. Has anyone heard of it or know where I could find a copy? It was one of those hokey old scary movies and featured an old school bus and a creepy creature guy who jumped on the bus and terrorized the kids who were on a camping trip or some such. The movie opens with a shot of the bus sitting on a bridge during a foggy night. I don't remember the plot, really. But later on I bought that bus and lived in it for awhile. I really want to find a copy.

Grizabella

Auditioning
Real Name
Ellen Easton
No it was definitely a movie. There were two movies and I've forgotten the name of the first one. But Things That Go Bump in the Night was filmed using the bus I bought later and lived in for awhile.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If IMDB doesn't have a movie called Things That Go Bump in the Night, there's no movie called Things That Go Bump in the Night.

Maybe it has a different name?
Or you've got the right name and it really was the TV show, but you're experiencing something of the Mandela Effect?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The closest thing I can find other than what has already been mentioned is this listing. Wikipedia refers to it as a "television film" from 1986 but IMDb has it listed as an episode of a series called "Christine Cromwell" with four episodes.

It appears that what IMDb has listed as episodes were actually aired about monthly in 1989-90 and ran longer than an hour time slot. So it wasn't a weekly series but still is a series of connected made-for-TV movies.

I have no idea if this is what you are looking for or not.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How about this one, The Final Terror? One of the alternate titles was Bump in the Night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082379/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

The photo gallery shows a bus on a bridge, and the trivia mentions a "bus attack".

1656039730398.png

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
How about this one, The Final Terror? One of the alternate titles was Bump in the Night.
The alternate title page does say that was a "working title." It fits, but makes me wonder why it would ever have been promoted with that name if they decided to go with The Final Terror.

Anyway, I'll add this link to Wikipedia which has a detailed plot synopsis.

Apparently Shout Factory released it on Blu-ray. Amazon has it for $14.99 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks