What's new

Need help setting up new Receiver (1 Viewer)

Darrin35

Auditioning
Real Name
Darrin
Hi everyone i just got a new Yamaha RX V667 and i am having trouble gettin it hooked up correctly, it seems like everything i pass through the receiver gets stretched on the screen. here is my setup

Panasonic plasma TV TH-PZ80u

Panasonic blue ray DMP-BD85

Xbox 360

Starchoice DSR 505 receiver

receiver is going out to tv HDMI 1

Blue ray is going into receiver HMDI 1

xbox is going in to HDMI 2

both the screen is stretched for some reason, but if i run directly to the tv it is ok, so i must have done something to the receiver but i don't know what.

starchoice receiver is not HDMI, it has dvi- HDMI all in one cable, but if i run the cable to the receiver and use digital coax for audio i get no picture but get sound. i have tried component and there is a big difference in pic quality. i curently have the dvi-hdmi going to the tv and the audio digital coax going to the receiver.

did i set up something in the receiver to stretch the video and not know it..should i have all my video going to the tv and audio going to the reveiver

Thanks

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
When you say "stretched" does that mean that it actually looks the screen is zoomed? What looks different from your "normal" picture?

You have a zoom setting and that might be engaged. Have you tried to modify that?

When you are connected through the receiver have you tried to modify the aspect ratio of the set in order to emulate the "normal" picture dimensions? If so, can you get to the "normal" picture?

By any chance have you tried to plug the starchoice into the receiver as well to see if that signal get's stretched? It might be interesting to see and you may need to go that direction if you make a modification to the aspect ratio setting in the set so that everything is in the same mode.

Darrin35

Auditioning
Real Name
Darrin
When i say stretched i mean that when i am on my xbox dashboard i cannot see all the words of the left, like my xbox it is all stretched to the left, but if i plug the xbox to the TV it works fine. same with the blueray. i am sure i must have changed some setting on my receiver but i don't know what i did.

As for the starchoice, it is DVI-HBMI so it won't work if i go to the receiver, somekind of copyright protection from starchoice, the only way to fo directly to the receiver is by component, and the pic quality sucks....some people say there is no difference but i can really see alot. aslo if i go component it take a long time to change channels between regular and HD channels..so component is out of the question..

I Had a old sony receiver before i got the yamaha, it had no HDMI I had that thing working great, this new receiver sounds great, but it is a pain in the ass to set up...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks