What's new

Need help choosing out of these 3 T.v's...Samsung Plasma/LED or Sony LED??? (1 Viewer)

fromwithin

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Hi,
Im just going to quickly get this off my chest....I feel that the television industry is going in the wrong direction with technology. I know the big buzz right now is 3D everything..I think 3D is cool to watch "sometimes"..A few movies here and there with 3D is definitely good, but I think creating 3D tv's are a waste of time. Get the 3D glasses if you want to watch movies in 3d etc...
I think they should be focusing on making bigger tv's 70"-100" and getting the prices down so that the average consumer can afford them, that's where I think they should focus there R&D teams. Anyways....back to my main issue..

So we just purchased a new house and I am considering these 3 televisions 1) Samsung 58" Plasma series 8 (PN58B850) 2) Samsung 55" LED series 8 (UN55B8000) and 3) Sony 60" LED NX800 series (KDL60NX800). I am, as of right now leaning toward the new Samsung 58" Plasma series 8 (PN58B850). The reason for this, is that the LED are relatively new technology and both the LED televisions are just edge lit LED. Also the Sony Led is very expensive and is not getting as good of reviews as the Samsung Plasma. What I do like about the sony is that it is a 60" television. The Samsung LED unfortunately is only 55", this is probably my main concern with this television. The Samsung Plasma has very good ratings as does the Samsung LED. I understand that Plasma is able to handle motion better than LCD's. Also this television will be our main tv, it is going in our great room so it has to be able to handle daylight pretty good. From what I have read the new samsung Plasma has fixed the external light reflection on the screen, so thats another plus...

So if anyone could shed some light and opinions that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I agree with your sentiments on the industry in general, but I've certainly been proven wrong before.

I tend to prefer plasma. I purchased a Panasonic plasma last year and have been thrilled with it! However, they still have reflective screens. Perhaps it has gotten better since last year, but the Panny plasmas last year were marketing their improved anti-reflection screens. Mine is much better than some earlier generations, but I still would not want it in direct line of a window. My tv is in a good location, so the reflections aren't a big deal. If you have lots of windows I think you may be annoyed with plasma during the day time hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks