What's new

Need a little help. New tv old reciever (1 Viewer)

tammyc

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy clegg
I just bought a ms320sl vizio tv and have a pioneer vsx-517 reciever and can't get any sound out of my speakers. I also will be hooking up a xbox, wii, and dvd player. I will probable buying a converter box to connect these components to tv. Any sigestions will be apreciated

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Not sure why you are not getting sound. Maybe a setting in the tv menu for audio out options. Just make sure tv audio out is hooked to receiver audio in. Make sure tv audio out is set properly and that the "Tape/monitor" function on the receiver is not on as that will block sound from other inputs on the receiver. As for hooking up your other components you may need to buy a switch box. Usually they have 3 inputs and one output so you would run xbox, wii, and dvd player through the switch box, to the composite in on your tv. Then audio from your tv to the receiver, thus anything going through the switch to the tv will get sound through the receiver. That is the simplest way to wire it. Hope this helps you out.

tammyc

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy clegg
I wanted to use hdmi cables or hd cables for the xbox and wii. The receiver doesn't offer either of these options. Anybody have a suggestions for a converter box or a new reciever that will hokup easily with 4 hd components. I was wonder if I keep my reciever if the assignable digital input plug into optical audio on tv and would the cable be spdif cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks