What's new

NCAA 2005 March Madness Pick'em League/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit
Arizona choking will cost me money and bragging rights in the office pools I'm in. With everyone and their mother picking Illinois to win, I was going to be in the money assuming UNC makes the final and wins.

Either way this will be a great Final Four weekend coming up! Looking forward to it.

Rick Pitino = Final Four (Wild!)

Go UNC!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I guess I can still brag about the Big Ten. In a year everyone said the Big Ten was down, they have two teams in the final four. Not bad at all. I am predicting an Illinois against North Carolina final game. Although I will be rooting for Michigan State to get an all Big Ten final game.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'd take the real thing too.. but I do do agree with some of the thought.. Lebron would have been a monster at the college level.. Wilt Chamberlain esque.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
UNC's back to their inept play. Time for Roy to instill some drive into them. Sean May hasn't shown up yet. Oh well, hopefully they will wake up for the 2nd half.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Both of the semi-final games ended up being the same: tightly contested in the first half, but the better team ran away with it in the second. Illinois vs. UNC Monday night to settle matters for this season.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I don't know what Roy tells these guys at halftime, but it works. Monday night, I think Roy has a good chance of getting his first national championship. Go UNC....

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Another great Illini victory last night. Roger Powell had the best offensive game I have seen him play. Now if we can get all five starters to have a game like that on Monday....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
UNC is having their way with Illinois, especially on the defensive side, disrupting what Illinois likes to do, and Sean May (though he's been literally running over people) has been dominant inside and Illinois has no answer yet.

Illinois got too one-dimensional by settling for 3-pointers in the first half.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Great finish. Illini had a bunch of chances to tie it at the end and came up short each time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I can take solace in knowing my team, GT, was the last team to beat UNC this year. :D

Congrats to UNC for bringing the National Championship back to the ACC!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, congrats to Matt Doherty who left ND in the lurch on going to UNC. You recruited a fine class and succesfully got your ass run out in no time flat. :D You deserved to watch this one from far far away as you hope to find a job coaching at North Podunk next year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief, Illinois shot 12 of 40 3-pointers tonight. If 2 more go in, Illinois would be rocking tonight.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
One thing for certain: the arch will move back on 3s in the NCAA. Teams were shooting ridiculous numbers of threes... since they moved the line in, it's like candy, you have to figure how many teams looked at the 3 and shot them ad nauseum (Louisville? WVU?)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Fightin' Illini for a hard fought game. They didn't quit when the chips were down and almost pulled it out.

Congratulations to the North Carolina Tar Heels. You guys were my pick to win it all in all of my brackets. Thanks for giving me a winner this year! :)

North Carolina's frontcourt was just too dominant during the tournament, espeically the last two games. Sean May was the easy choice for MOP.

What a remarkable 4 year turnaround for this storied program. The current seniors had to go through a hellish 8-20 freshman season and now they are national champions.

Roy Williams finally gets his national title on his third try. I know there are some Kansas fans out there wishing he could have won it there.

Both programs should be contenders next year, although North Carolina is going to have a hell of a time reloading. I can easily see the starting five plus Marvin Williams going to the NBA. I hope not! :)

North Carolina had to beat 3 Big Ten teams to win the title and if it wasn't for Minnesota losing their first round game, it would have been 4. Wow!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm in favor of moving the college 3-point line to the international distance (I think 22 feet, or 22'9", I forget which it is).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks