What's new

Nancy (1970-1971) (1 Viewer)

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
The only thing I knew John Fink for was that he was in the pilot movie for "Battlestar Galactica" with an upfront credit billing. And in the end, he had only 15 seconds of screen time as a doctor because all of his other scenes were cut from the film since they involved a discarded subplot about Jane Seymour's character dying from radiation sickness. So brief was his contribution that the souvenir program for the theatrical release of the pilot erroneously used a picture of John Dullaghan (who played the scientist Dr. Wilker) instead of his!
John Fink's co-star Renne Jarrett in Nancy was married to actor Jack Stauffer who played the role of Lieutenant Bojay in Battlestar Galactia. They had 1 son and divorced in 1979. She later remarried to Director/Producer Bruce Bilson in 1981.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Didn't know that about Jack Stauffer. He recently had his leg amputated but is recovering. Laurette Spang (Cassiopeia) helped set up a GoFund thing to help pay for his medical expenses. (Both of them also were part of the Galactica cast reunion audio drama from a few years ago).

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
1700355920013.png

1700355946192.png

1700355970824.png

1700355989622.png

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
If they do have something that can be viewed, a lot of people that live far from those sources would have to make a special trip to see it.
What's your point? Over the last 40 years I've made a couple dozen of those trips.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Given the current state of California, I'm not going there even though I could afford it! :)

Archives like UCLA, the Lincoln Center Archive with all the Broadway show recordings etc. should IMO for the convenience of scholars set up a kind of paywall barrier streaming where for a fee you can access a streaming video that can't be downloaded but this way researchers don't have to go to the expense of going to these too distant facilities.

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
I'm sorry. That's sad. Wish you chose a better paying career.
I know. It's been a constant burden that I can't afford to spend money to travel to view a TV series from 50 plus years ago that hardly anyone remembers. Not to mention being attacked by snarky anonymous posters on a entertainment forum.

I wonder if there's a support group for that ?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I know. It's been a constant burden that I can't afford to spend money to travel to view a TV series from 50 plus years ago that hardly anyone remembers. Not to mention being attacked by snarky anonymous posters on a entertainment forum.

I wonder if there's a support group for that ?
Yes, there is. I founded it many years ago when I first started posting here because some smarmy member kept chiding everyone about how they should’ve videotaped shows they liked back in the 1950s and 60s. :laugh:

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Yes, there is. I founded it many years ago when I first started posting here because some smarmy member kept chiding everyone about how they should’ve videotaped shows they liked back in the 1950s and 60s. :laugh:
Only certain people back then could afford that type equipment. Like actor Bob Crane, but I think he was more into making home videos instead of off air recordings.

Topcat8

Auditioning
Real Name
Cath
That's great you were able to acquire episodes of this series.I wish episodes would be made available to view or buy. I have only seen the opening credits and a short NBC promo. Was this show ever rerun in syndication ?
Hello, I have been looking for this lovely series for over 40 years now, I saw this show in 1971 here in Australi, we were always one year behind the United States. I would love so much to get a copy of this show, any one out there who could send me a copy, I would be very much appreciate It.

Topcat8

Auditioning
Real Name
Cath
I'm a big fan of the show. Renne Jarrett was so pretty. I have 10 of the 17 episodes and I watched the other 7 at LOC where they have the full run.
Hello, any possibility of getting a copy of this lovely show, the Last time I saw Nancy was in 1971, a very long time ago,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks