What's new

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (1 Viewer)

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I thought there were penalty points for wrong guesses so that's why I didn't offer a guess. Thanks for clearing that up, Rob. Of course I wouldn't have gotten the answer anyway, because Edward Scissorhands was not one of the movies I was thinking of.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I love Scissorhands and have seen it a bunch, but that never came to mind. Glad you liked my attempt at humor.

Current shot is easy, but like someone said, they're only easy if you know the answer.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Damn it! Edward Scissorhands was what immediately came to my mind (the stairs give it away), but I forgot to send it in.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've seen Edward Scissorhands, but that scene escapes me. Must be when the mom first shows up at the mansion.

I don't think I've seen this one.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I know how this sounds, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Edward Scissorhands was the first - and only - film that came to my mind when I saw that shot. I didn't submit it because I don't remember that specific scene and it seemed like such a longshot.

As for the current round: Dunno.

Jon

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The Answer To Round Four is...."You Talkin' To Me":

Correct Answers Came From:

Jan H
Kevin Leonard
Bruce Hedtke
Justing Doring
Gabe D
Walter Kittel
Bill J
Iain Jackson
Brook K
Andy Olivera
Chuck DeLa
Matt Pelham

Three bonus points for most amusing answer goes to Jon Are- "A Four-Gun Conclusion". Honorable mention goes to
Evan Case for his answer: - Sanitation Truck Driver.

The most common wrong guess was "The Usual Suspects", with two votes.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
"A Four-Gun Conclusion" :laugh: I like it.

Reflecting, I have no idea why I guessed Dirty Harry.

This round is far to easy.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Someone want to explain to me how the hell I could have recognized the shot as being very similar to Taxi Driver (hence Sanitation Truck Driver) but not actually realize it's from said film? What in the world is wrong with me??? Arrgh, how did I not connect those 4 exact guns?

I guess I just thought there was only one prominent overhead shot of the guns: when Travis was buying them, where they were on a bed, not whatever it is they're resting on now.

Evan

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I guess I just thought there was only one prominent overhead shot of the guns:
I was gonna ask if that was taken from the SE because I couldn't remember the overhead shot either. I recognized the guns and that's what made me think of Taxi Driver. But, if I recall correctly, this was a very quick and brief shot and it didn't stay on the screen for long.

Bruce

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Matt!

I did get your PM, and you did, indeed, get it right! Sorry!

Post edited to reflect my error! :b

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The Answer To Round 5 (she'll change your life!) is:

Correct Answers Came From:

Walter Kittel
Rain
Jon Are
Andrew Sch
Gabe D
Chucky P
Evan Case
Justin Doring
Nick Sievers
Brook K
Brad Porter
Ric Bagoly
Bjorn Olav Nyberg
Bruce Hedtke
Bill McA
(who forgot to put in his guess last round)
Jan H
Matt Pelham
Chuck DeLa
Bill J
Kevin Leonard
John Rice
Iain Jackson
John Thomas

The Three Bonus Points for most Amusing Answer goes to Steve Bergeron for his response: Lawrence of Arabia!

Perhaps it should be stated that technically Walter Kittel, Brad Porther and Bruce Hedtke gave a "more correct" answer: Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain.

I can only guess at the controversy it would have caused if that was the only answer I accepted! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks