What's new

My house has a reall eerie feel to it sometimes. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Sometimes it feels evil and weird. I swear that it's haunted half the time, even though it's hard to believe in ghosts, spirits, and the similar stuff. At least 2 people, my great grandparents have died here.

My house was the most scary when I was little. It used to look like a cross between the Addams Family and Munsters houses before it was redone inside. There was even an organ in the corner of the living room, and you could just imagine the Phantom of the Opera come in the room and play it. The house inside is totally different now, but I still get a weird chilling feeling in it a lot.

My cellar is still the same as it has been since the house was built over a hundred years ago. It's very eerie down there. I hate going down there at night.

The house has been in my family since 1926 when my grandmother and her parents moved here when she was 8. I don't know the history of it before then.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"Some houses are born bad."

"...and whatever walks there walks alone."

"My ... god, what was holding my hand?"

What movie?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The story was by Shirley Jackson and was called the Haunting of Hill House. The movie was called the Legend of Hill House aka The Haunting.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
:eek: You moved the headstones but you didn't move the bodies! :eek:

Yes! Got the best quote in before anyone else :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
the house we live in is about 170 years old, and we have another house that is about 260 years old, only one other house seperates them on the street. thankfully, nobody has heard or seen anything yet, i hope it stays that way. always cool to hear about hauntings in other people's houses though :)

CJ

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
A lot of things can inspire hauntings. If you have never seen or felt a presence then it's likely just the atmosphere. Some hauntings are caused by very low frequency vibrations which trigger something in people causing them to feel edgy, paranoid, and even hallucinate.

As for big scary haunted houses I wouldn't worry. Even if it is something supernatural then it knows you are there. Go with the flow. My grandparents' house used to scare me. It's big, very old, and full of sinister family portraits from the era where it was considered bad form to appear without a stick up your ass. It came to me that the house has been in the family for just shy of 200 years so whomever is haunting the house is probably a relation and so of no malice. Now I can wander the halls at night with no light or venture to the basement or attic whenever I feel like it. I am part of any haunting. I have nothing to fear because I am one of the things going bump in the night.

StephenA

Screenwriter
It really doesn't bother me for the most part now. I've gotten used to the way the house is over the years. I have lived here most of my life. It's just that sometimes you get a shiver down your spine here like something's not right and that someone's watching you. My pets even seem to get an uneasy feeling sometimes.

It's also a very weird having the same rocking chair in my house that my great grandmother died in. Sometimes it looks to be moving on it's own, but I know that it's my mind playing tricks on me due to the history of the chair and house.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
In Belgium, I once rented a house from a landlord that was a nice place, maybe built around 1940 but kept up really good. Sometimes I could see a dark shape at the edge of my vision. Other times, my stereo would turn itself down, you could just sit there and watch the light on the volume knob going down. I would get chills for no reason, and the hair would stand up on my neck like something passed through me. I really didn't let these things bother me much, though. I was always drinking too much european beer.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My grandmothers house was about 150 years old and it ALWAYS spooked me to no end. I remember going there during the summer when I was young. It had this extremely narrow staircase that lead upstairs to the second floor (2 story home with dirt floor basement and large attic). The house was not airconditioned but that stair case was always cold no matter what time of the year it was and it was on the side of the house where the sun hit the most. You could always hear the wood floors creaking at night while everyone was asleep. And the second floor had these really weird warm and cold spots that you would walk through. Man I hated that house. :frowning:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

That explains everything. One of the houses former owners left an SVS PCi16-46 running in the basement. Now take the illuminating power of this Zippo-lighter and check out the root cellar for me.
:wink:

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have pictures of the way the house used to look, but nothing of ghosts and such. I don't ever think to take pictures or anything of strange things that happen. It just happens too fast.

Another weird thing that happened to me when I was little, around 3 4 of age: I told my mom and dad I saw my grandfather pushing a wheelbarrow in the back yard near the swamp. I described what he wore and everything. The weird part is, is he died before I was born, and he actually did push a wheelbarrow in the back yard near the swamp and wore similar clothes when alive. I have a huge yard and there's really no need to go down there.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
"While passing on the stairs one day.
I met a man who was not there.

He was not there again today.
Oh I wish, I wish, he'd go away!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks