What's new

my co-worker at best buy thinks bose is "awesome!" (1 Viewer)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
so wtf are you saying john? real nice of you to hijack this thread and bring up something that has absolutely no relation to the topic at hand. if you made that silly comment just to 'get a reaction' go over to AVS. if you have a real problem with what I am trying to say, then disprove it, if you say im wrong.
"The question has been answered, but you've gone back to the beginning again! (and you're still wrong) "
and #'s dont lie! So I suggest you go back to the other thread and justify your statements here. And BTW what is short time memory? ive never heard of it. oh maybe because I smoke grass and I have no SHORT TERM MEMORY. ha, I wonder what drugs you do.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
so wtf are you saying john? real nice of you to hijack this thread and bring up something that has absolutely no relation to the topic at hand. if you made that silly comment just to 'get a reaction' go over to AVS. if you have a real problem with what I am trying to say, then disprove it, if you say im wrong.
"The question has been answered, but you've gone back to the beginning again! (and you're still wrong) "
and #'s dont lie! So I suggest you go back to the other thread and justify your statements here. And BTW what is short time memory? ive never heard of it. oh maybe because I smoke grass and I have no SHORT TERM MEMORY. ha, I wonder what drugs you do.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
The thread in question is on HTF "Will underpowering damage speakers or amps?" not AVS. So I wonder what are YOU on?

Oh I made a typo, it should have been "short term memory loss" of course.

I can understand why you can't understand the other thread, perhaps what has been already posted is going over your head.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
The thread in question is on HTF "Will underpowering damage speakers or amps?" not AVS. So I wonder what are YOU on?

Oh I made a typo, it should have been "short term memory loss" of course.

I can understand why you can't understand the other thread, perhaps what has been already posted is going over your head.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"if you have a real problem with what I am trying to say, then disprove it, if you say im wrong."

I meant go to AVS if you just want to berate me and tell me im wrong and im an idiot. if you want to have a good discussion on why you think you are right vs why I think Im right, then stay here at HTF but at least dont hijack this thread, which you already did. [not that im helping or anything] :)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"if you have a real problem with what I am trying to say, then disprove it, if you say im wrong."

I meant go to AVS if you just want to berate me and tell me im wrong and im an idiot. if you want to have a good discussion on why you think you are right vs why I think Im right, then stay here at HTF but at least dont hijack this thread, which you already did. [not that im helping or anything] :)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I would think this would be a typical misconception among the average best buy employee and customer. Best Buy is not known for selling top quality A/V hardware, nor for a knowledgable sales staff. For example, Best Buy will sell Sony TVs but they don't sell the XBR models. One of the many reasons I don't buy H/W from there.

As for your dilemna, I wouldn't worry about it. Just grin and bear it.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I would think this would be a typical misconception among the average best buy employee and customer. Best Buy is not known for selling top quality A/V hardware, nor for a knowledgable sales staff. For example, Best Buy will sell Sony TVs but they don't sell the XBR models. One of the many reasons I don't buy H/W from there.

As for your dilemna, I wouldn't worry about it. Just grin and bear it.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

Best Buy is by and large a low end store, there's no secret about that. There philosophy is grab and go, which why most items are on the shelf ready to go. In the U.S. Best Buy has covered the mid - high end by purchasing stores such as Magnolia Hi-Fi, and in Canada they now own Future Shop, which does sell somewhat more high end equipment as well as the low end.

I do have to take some offense to the comment that Best Buy employees don't know anything, since I am one now. (BTW, I am wokring at Best Buy out of neccessitie, I'm not a movie star yet...) But I know my stuff.

Now frankly no one else in my department really knows as much as they should. My supervisor is conmpletely sucked in by monster cable, for instance.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

Best Buy is by and large a low end store, there's no secret about that. There philosophy is grab and go, which why most items are on the shelf ready to go. In the U.S. Best Buy has covered the mid - high end by purchasing stores such as Magnolia Hi-Fi, and in Canada they now own Future Shop, which does sell somewhat more high end equipment as well as the low end.

I do have to take some offense to the comment that Best Buy employees don't know anything, since I am one now. (BTW, I am wokring at Best Buy out of neccessitie, I'm not a movie star yet...) But I know my stuff.

Now frankly no one else in my department really knows as much as they should. My supervisor is conmpletely sucked in by monster cable, for instance.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I spend a good amount of time wondering around BB, CC, Fry's, etc. and feel they play an important part in the retail end of things though many others here don't seem to think so. They sure help keep prices down. It helps if you know what you want before you buy. And it doesn't take long to find out who knows/cares more than most others who work there. Besides, I don't feel like I've done my research unless I know at least as much as the person trying to sell me something. Doesn't mean he/she hasn't done their job, just that I've done mine.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
well that's right. Fact is no matter where you shop there will be some people who are just putting in time, and others who actually care.....

BryanZ

Screenwriter
As a BB employee you are obligated to try and sell the most expensive gear possible. Your supervisors bonus check depends upon it. Your job depends upon his bonus.

Now, rather than sell the Bose gear, what you may suggest to them are the larger Athena speakers plus a JBL sub and new receiver to boot plus the extended warranties.

Of course, I'd love to see what the folks at BB would do if I "tested" my SVS against all their subs. Especially if customers were present. :D

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor

I disagree that BB, CC, et al keep prices down. They sell crappy to decent gear for MSRP. They do have decent prices on DVD's and CD's but they use lower prices here to bring people in to buy other stuff (their bread and butter) at standard prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks