What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance (renamed) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea I think she'll get the 500k either way - especially for all the torment shes gonna get.

I still say its set up :)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Todd_B: I was just going to say that this show had been done in a much more amusing, much crazier, and much more believable fashion on "Joe Schmoe." And the finale of that show was really good. I doubt this show will even scrape the surface of "Joe Schmoe." Here's to hoping "My Big Fat..." and "Joe Millionare 2" finally kill off Fox's reality dreck.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Randi's reaction to Steve's antics were funny as hell. This is a very amusing Punk'd-style send-up.

I was laughing damn hard, especially when they cut to Steve's giving the camera that manical, evil raised eyebrow or evil grin, as he methodically tries to undermine any attempt by Randi to pull off this deception over her friends and family.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, just so we can be clear:

She has been TOLD that she will get $500,000 and Steve will get $500,000 if they make it through. This is to encourage them both to make it.

In fact, he is NOT going to get anything, and she will get $1,000,000 if she makes it through.

He is being paid to try to stop her from completing that task, but he does NOT receive $500,000, he only receives the acting exposure :)

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Has anybody noticed that it looks like they COMPLETELY re-dubbed the "host" Claudia DiFolco's entire speaking part?

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I love this show, because although she is a good looking girl, Randi is a complete B^&$*.

It's fabulous to watch her dramatic handwringing over, 'I can tell he's got feelings for me, and, uh I'm just way out of his league...., and nobody will ever beleive I picked him... he's so not worthy' and then watch him respond with 'It's obvious Randi thinks MY CHARACTER is falling for her, so we've decided to torture her with that... HAHAHAH' She has made HUGE assumptions based on her perceived self-image, and can't for a minute step outside and think, "I could be the rube here."

If she had half an ounce of character, or any personality what-so-ever, whether she was attracted to him or not, she would just suck it up, have fun and "go along for the ride." But she's more concerned that one of her friends, or even COMPLETE STRANGERS for that matter, will actually think she could like him, and thus think LESS OF HER, that she's going to blow a cool half million to save her ego.

Plus, HE IS SUCH A FUN GUY! She's LUCKY to be stuck with him!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it is an interesting irony. He's supposed to be playing the obnoxious part, yet he is actually the one coming off as sympathetic. With the way Randi completely dissmissed him as a suitor from first sight and he complete disgust for his sense of humor makes you feel for the guy. When he did the pointy-bra Madonna joke with his napkin, I'm thinking "that's funny, what's with the disgust? Although, in all fairness, Randi icy personality was probably a factor of why she was chosen. And what was with the best friend slamming him when she saw him walk to dinner? As far as she's concened, her best friend is in love with this guy and marrying him. A bit rude. The bright side is that after all this he probably will start getting lots of attention from other women.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
It's interesting that she has made a somewhat big deal of her job as a "Catholic School Teacher" as an excuse for her tightassedness. My understanding is she has only had the job 2 months (much of which she was sequestered on MBFOF) and she has now quit that job entirely.

I don't "feel [pity] for the guy" because in the end he is going to come out of this smelling like a rose... I feel pity for her for being such a shallow, uptight, self-centered child.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show is awesome because it is so funny in a punk'd kinda way.

Steve's laugh cracks me up everytime. He probably will be going to hell for what he's doing to Randi. :)

How many more episodes are there?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/2/04

This shows is consistently one of the funniest on TV currently. Oh man, Randi is the perfect victim for this "game'.

Loved it when Steve acted like he sharted while doing some yoga with Randi.

The conversations that Randi had with Steve's mom and sister were hysterical in their frankness and Randi's incredulity.

Steve's dad's penchant for nekkid hottubing had to unnerve Randi. I was waiting for Steve to join in. Plus the sister's "dead woman float" act was just as unnerving.

Oh man, next week, with Randi's parents and siblings in da house is going to be comical as well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Funniest episode so far last night. I couldn't help thinking about "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" while they were eating dinner. I was a little worried that the "Family" was going a bit over the top and Randi would start to suspect something was amiss, but I guess not. Next week should hopefully be a train wreck when Randi's Parents show up.

BTW, does anyone think that it is weird in these shows when a family or an outside party is supposed to be unexpectantly contacted by the contestants, but when the phone call is placed, the people on the other side are already have their microphones equipped and there are already cameras in their face?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the producers contacted Randi's family beforehand, and explained the cover story to them, and got their consent to film the call and their reaction to the news.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize that her family lives practically down the street from me. Hell I could have dated her....thankfully didn't as I wouldn't fit into that prim and propper humorless family. They could not have found a better family to do this too. Perfect casting!

Steve's parents are great. This is like watching a Christopher Guest movie. The only one that is laying it on too thick would be the sister with all of her dead talk. Just looking at the previews of next week she blurts it out at dinner. It just seemed force and like she is putting on an act, which she is. But her floating in the hottub was great especially the comment by her mom later "I think you under too many times." :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was the Father taking off his bathing suit in the hot tub that could have blown the lid off this thing.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
My wife and I have come to the conclusion that this is the best television show... EVER!

I love watching Randi act superior to Steve. He has given her NO REASON to ridicule him. If he was an A-HOLE (like some of the guys on Average Joe, which we watched right after) then she would be completely justified in acting the way she acts. But Steve is NOTHING but nice to her. Yes, his manners leave a bit to be desired. He's a bit clumsy. He could shed a few pounds. But none of those traits are intended to cause HER pain (at least as far as SHE knows). Instead his character is designed to be somebody who is FUNNY, has a sense of humor, can laugh at himself, loves life and gets the most out of it even though he may go over the top and fall on his face, AND SHE CAN'T STAND IT!!!

I guess nobody in Randi's family has ever farted? Or burped? No wonder they all act like their heads are about to explode!

Who the hell is she or her rat-faced mother or A-Hole of a father to think they are better than HIM??? And those two prick brothers of hers come off as the biggest piles of dog crap ever to grace prime-time. They remind me of chimps at the zoo... Pick your knuckles up off the ground boys... And that B*^$* friend of hers has a face like a Picaso self portrait. Her ass is so tight she must crap diamonds!

I think that a "normal" girl in this situation would begin to fall for Steve because he is so damn charming. Hopefully through all this Randi will learn that you can exhale every once in a while without the world falling apart, something she obviously didn't learn growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks