What's new

Murder, She Wrote: Complete Series 10/1/13 (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Matt Hough said:
Have you gotten to the episode where Jessica serves on a jury a la Twelve Angry Men? That had one of the best twists and was always one of my favorites from the early seasons.
just watched it - trial by error.

i am gonna have to watch this one over, too.

right before the end of deliberation, they mention a couple things, and jessica says that they have only one way to see it.

but i must have missed it, cuz i did not know what exactly she was talking about, so i did not know what they were gonna tell the judge.

and then the rest of it was really surprising.

it also was very involving.

to change a phrase from robert frost, good writing makes good shows.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
anne francis was in this one.

but credited as anne lloyd francis.

dont recall her ever using her middle name ?

she did a pretty good job of acting.

i am surprised that she never did get rid of that mole ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
just finished powder keg. good episode.

as soon as i saw brian lane green, i said highway to heaven. and sure enough, he was in it - i think a 2-parter, if i looked it up correctly.

he doesnt have that many credits. but i think he did a good job here. although he did not have a major role.

and i think he would be considered to have a very handsome face, so i am a bit surprised he doesnt have more credits.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
jimmyjet said:
anne francis was in this one.

but credited as anne lloyd francis.

dont recall her ever using her middle name ?

she did a pretty good job of acting.

i am surprised that she never did get rid of that mole ?
I savored the moment in this one when Sheriff Tupper complained about the closing of the Joshua Peabody Inn saying "But it's practically a national monument!" and Dr. Hazlett stifling what appeared to be genuine laughter. A great acting moment for both performers.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
there was also some pretty good sarcasm from anne francis and to her !!

when someone plays a not nice person, and you want to wring their neck, they are doing a good acting job !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
just finished electric cathedral

an actor named owen bush had a minor role

i think i have seen him many times before

but he reminded me so much of ray walston, that it makes me wonder ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i dont object to having a couple of cuties on !!

dont know anything about them, but a lori lethin and audrey landers were on.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
david hedison was in this one - he looked very good for being 59.

but we did not go underneath the sea !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Q was in the last episode of season 2.

i had no idea how many credits john delancie has.

much of it before tng and much afterwards.

i think he did a marvelous job on tng with his character.

in this episode though, he had the exact same sort of personality and mannerisms.

and his voice is extremely distinctive. no one sounds like that.

so i am a bit surprised he wasnt typecast.

this episode is only one year before tng.

i wonder if tng saw this, and told delancie that is how we want you to behave.

he also looked a lot younger in murder she wrote than he did on tng. and just one year apart - i guess it must be the makeup he had on in the different shows.

on to season 3

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
unfinished business

had a whole bunch of people from other shows

1) erin moran and tom bosley were here, a bit of a hd reunion

2) j.d. cannon from the fugitive - i like his acting

3) hayley mills from the parent trap

4) pat hingle from just about everywhere.

5) lloyd bochner from dynasty

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Two things about the seeries.

1. Is the crossover episode of Magnum PI included in the set? Is this the only show that MSW had crossed over with?? If not, are the other shows included? I know there was a spinoff of a private eye, didn't know if there was a cross over between the two.

2. I always thought a great idea for a super campy reunion would be to have it revealed that Jessica was the person killing off all these people at various events and places she was going and framing all the people that she had supposedly uncovered as the killers!! You know, just for fun.....

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That never happened, of course, but there was quite a witty moment in an episode where Jessica was called as a character witness and the defense attorney (who considered her a hostile witness for his purposes - played wonderfully by Patrick McGoohan) recited a litany of all the relatives she had had during the series who had been accused of murder and all of Jessica's involvement with shady crimes making her look like a freak. She felt accosted when it was over.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
regarding the crossover - i think it is. will let you know for certain tonight.because the very disk i am viewing has special features on it - the first one of the series, that i have noticed anyways.and i took a brief look at the menu last night, and it mentioned the crossover with magnum.now whether it is the actual episode, or just conversation about it - i will know once i watch it.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Matt Hough said:
That never happened, of course, but there was quite a witty moment in an episode where Jessica was called as a character witness and the defense attorney (who considered her a hostile witness for his purposes - played wonderfully by Patrick McGoohan) recited a litany of all the relatives she had had during the series who had been accused of murder and all of Jessica's involvement with shady crimes making her look like a freak. She felt accosted when it was over.
yea, i have already chuckled about the immensity of her family. she helps out a different cousin on every episode !!the one thing that is different about this show is that there is really no character development in it. it is 100% about the story.first, most of any episode involves guests on the show. and jessica, amos and seth never change. and amos and seth are not always in it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Jessica does become more worldly and sophisticated as the series progresses; her wardrobe becomes sleek and she's known and admired by all. In fact, she eventually takes a part-time teaching job in New York and moves there only coming to Cabot Cove on the weekends. By that point in the series there are far more stories away from Maine as there are stories in her hometown.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
There were always about five shows a year in Cabot Cove, give or take one. The implicit running joke of Cabot Cove being America's most dangerous town would have gone from cute to outrageous if they had more murders than that each year. Windom appeared in all those episodes except for the first year before he was cast and for, I think, the seventh year when he had a regular job on another series and only made one appearance.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I love "Murder, She Wrote" and can watch it over and over. The only episodes I skip are the ones when Jessica/Angela only provides introductions to the shows and isn't part of the main story line.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
so far, i dont recall any of those. but i am only starting the 3rd season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks