What's new

Murder, She Wrote: Complete Series 10/1/13 (2 Viewers)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
jimmyjet said:
although i do find it a bit silly that the cops, etc. ask a mystery writer to solve the murder for them.
I find it silly that the castaways didn't kill Gilligan and use his body to plug up the hole in the boat and go home. Gilligan would finally be useful in death when he never was in life, and the rest get to live happily ever after.

And the show doesn't go beyond the pilot.

Every series (even the more realistic ones) has some not so true to life elements as part of the premise. You have to decide up front if you're willing to just go with it and enjoy the ride or not. Despite finding the other characters likable, and being open to trying anything Jim Backus was in, I can't stand the Gilligan character and wish the show had used my first paragraph scenario. So I tend to skip past Gilligan's Island when I see it on TV. With Murder She Wrote, I'm willing to accept the premise, even the supposedly sillier aspects, and enjoy the ride. If you're finding Season 1 to be only "somewhat entertaining," you might want to move on to a different show, because that "silly" aspect you describe is present for the entire series.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i was watching paint me a murder

and as soon as one of the actresses appeared, i said highway to heaven.

so i looked her up (christina raines), and sure enough she was in a 2-parter in season 5.

dont know if i know anything else about her.

but i think she had quite a few credits in various shows.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
gosh, i wish they would not make actors do accents.

for the most part, they are not needed.

and for the most part, they sound terrible.

tom bosley's "accent" gets on my nerves. it is absolutely atrocious.

but i am enjoying the various episodes.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i just finished season 1

i would say that so far the episodes reach a similar level of quality.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Jimmy,The more you watch this show, the more you are going to fall in love with Tom Bosley's accent, not only for the obvious authenticity of it and the bravado with which he speaks, but also because it is easy on the ears.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i am watching peabody, the second episode of s2.

a meg foster is playing a role. she appears to have lots of credits, so i guess she is reasonably famous.

this episode has quite a few famous people - moreso than most of the other episodes.

anyways, her eyes look a bit odd to me. like not quite natural. is she wearing some sort of colored contact lenses ?

or are her eyes always like that ?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
jimmyjet said:
so i looked her up (christina raines), and sure enough she was in a 2-parter in season 5.dont know if i know anything else about her.but i think she had quite a few credits in various shows.
She was on several TV shows in her career. I mainly remember her from Ridley Scott's first film The Duellists

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Matt Hough said:
Meg Foster is famous for those eyes.
thanks matt,

boy, they are catching. i noticed it immediately.

from your description, i guess most guys liked it.

that was not my immediate reaction !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
there doesnt seem to be an episode that i dont recognize somebody.

it has a lot of older people that i am more apt to know.

tom bosley is the local sheriff and william windom is the local doctor.

they arent in all the episodes, but i think of both of them as being part of the old-time school.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i am enjoying the shows. they tend to keep one guessing.

school for scandal had a mary kate mcgeehan in it.

never heard of her, but i thought her face was quite pretty.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
s2 ep7 - lady in the lake

quite a few nice looking ladies in this one.

lee meriwether, miss love boat (lauren tewes), lee purcell (never heard of her before).

and then there was a very cute blonde, named sandy. she was just in one scene and acted as a hostess.

i cant find any credits for her on the net.

was curious if anyone knows who she is ?

she may have gotten famous afterwards ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
boy, jessica has more nieces and nephews !!

by the end of season 12, it may end up being several hundred !!

all kidding aside, i was watching dead heat, and once again i spotted someone, and said highway to heaven.

derrel maury was on a hth episode. i know i liked the show alot, but i dont usually keep attaching an actor to one particular show.

but since i dont know much about newer actors, nor do i watch many new shows, i guess i am able to more easily pin an actor to one of the fewer shows that i did watch !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
jessica behind bars

i would have to say that this is the best written episode so far.

the reason i say this is it has been the only one so far that i would need to re-watch to pick up on some of the stuff.

for example, i dont understand exactly what adrienne barbeau did, and was trying to hide ?

but this was a very involving episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
jimmyjet said:
jessica behind bars

i would have to say that this is the best written episode so far.

the reason i say this is it has been the only one so far that i would need to re-watch to pick up on some of the stuff.

for example, i dont understand exactly what adrienne barbeau did, and was trying to hide ?

but this was a very involving episode.
Adrienne was in league with the assistant matron (Barbara Baxley) who was skimming off prison assets and was found out, so it was to her benefit to play along with the murderer, try to pin the murder on someone else and who probably assisted in the murder of Mrs. Mims (Yvonne De Carlo).

Have you gotten to the episode where Jessica serves on a jury a la Twelve Angry Men? That had one of the best twists and was always one of my favorites from the early seasons.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Keith Cobby said:
Murder, She Wrote isn't a show I have ever got into, but has anybody had a longer career than Angela Lansbury?
Mickey Rooney....(although he's essentially retired now unlike Ms. Lansbury ) .

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Matt Hough said:
Adrienne was in league with the assistant matron (Barbara Baxley) who was skimming off prison assets and was found out, so it was to her benefit to play along with the murderer, try to pin the murder on someone else and who probably assisted in the murder of Mrs. Mims (Yvonne De Carlo).

Have you gotten to the episode where Jessica serves on a jury a la Twelve Angry Men? That had one of the best twists and was always one of my favorites from the early seasons.
thanks matt,

no, i havent. but that storyline always makes for a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks