What's new

Most wanted Music Videos & Concerts on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Peter Gabriel's CV
New Order: Substance (don't understand why this wasn't included in the "Retro" box set a la the Talking Heads' "Stortelling Giant" was on their set last year)

The Clash: Rude Boy
X: The Unheard Music
Wattstax (coming soon I hear
Industrial Symphony Volume One (David Lynch/Angelo Badalamenti)

Russell,
There is a Weezer DVD comp coming soon.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd love a DVD of the 1976 Boston Pops 4th of July concert. I remember watching it on TV during the Bicentennial celebration.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd like to see:
The US Festival (I know the 1983 show was videotaped)
Moscow Music Peace Festival
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Megadeth - Rusted Pieces (or better yet, a music video compilation that includes all of their videos)
Stryper - Live in Japan
Motley Crue - Uncensored
Dokken - Unchain the Night

It would be nice to see all encompassing music video compilations from:
LA Guns
Ratt
Lita Ford (with the Mercury era videos)

And the film:
The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

Add the only official concert release by Crowded House, FAREWELL TO THE WORLD, to the list. The VHS release [mostly PAL format, though a very small amount of NTSC copies were made] included clips of interviews and pre-show rehearsals, but did NOT [!?!] include the complete final concert by this amazing band. The show was filmed before an audience of about 200,000 people at the steps of the Sydney Opera House.

Better yet, there has GOT to be some unreleased live footage of their other performances. As good as FAREWELL is, it's not really representative of a typical CH show in that there is very little between-song chatter and almost no busking or unexpected moments of brilliance. [Granted, those things aren't really appropriate for a final show.] Their concerts usually included some classic moments of band-crowd interaction and humor, some wild jams, odd cover tunes or unreleased songs.

I also enthusiastically agree about pushing up the release date for the Brian Wilson SMiLE DVD to "as soon as is possible without negatively impacting the quality of the DVD!" For those who are scratching their heads, SMiLE is the title of the legendary unreleased Beach Boys album. The album was never completed due to a variety of reasons [drugs, pressure from the record label and bandmates, and just about anything else you can think of], though several of its songs were released on subsequent albums ["Good Vibrations," "Heroes and Villains," "Surf's Up," etc.]. After decades of refusing to discuss---let alone perform---the album, former Beach Boys composer/producer/singer and his incredible new band [featuring members of The Wondermints] are currently touring and performing a reconstructed version of SMiLE. Some of the shows have been filmed and recorded for release, hopefully later this year. You can read a VERY detailed review of a recent show here:

http://earcandy_mag.tripod.com/smileliveRFH2-21-04.htm

I'm on board for the SIGN 'O' THE TIMES concert video, too. A classic from the days when Prince was making the best pop music around. I'd also buy a concert release from the LOVESEXY tour if anything exists in the Purple One's archives.

SEMI-RELATED PLUG: If you're a fan of classic pop music made by bands like The Beatles and Squeeze, do yourself a favor and check out Crowded House. Start with the best of collection, RECURRING DREAM, but I'd also recommend their two best albums, TEMPLE OF LOW MEN and TOGETHER ALONE. There is a LOT more to this band that their two US hits, "Don't Dream It's Over" and "Something So Strong," both from their debut album. Their subsequent releases saw artistic growth in leaps and bounds.

Regards,
matt

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Cher-Complete Video Collection

Olivia Newton-John
(while I know that there is the five video collection coming on March 30, 2004...this only makes me want more!!!!)

Expose'-Video Exposure

Fleetwood Mac-Complete Video Collection

Chris Issack-Complete Video Collection

Melissa Etheridge-Complete Video Collection

Annie Lennox-Live In Toronto (which was filmed and planned for release, but not released afterall)

Dolly Parton-Complete Video Collection

Barbara Mandrell and The Mandrell Sisters (TV-Show)

The Carpenters (late 70's early 80's television specials)

Cheryl Ladd (her television specials)

Lynda Carter (her television specials)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Everytime one of these threads comes up, this is the one I mention.

Being from CT, I love when Sammy sings "I can't drive 55": - It took me 16 hours, to get to New Haven yesterday!!!!!" :D

Byron_T

Grip
There was talk at one time that Tool would put out a DVD with footage from the last four shows of their 2002 fall tour. I would love to see this come about. It would at least give me a good fix until their next album.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I think the debut album is the best place for newbies to start. It's their most accessible work and contains nary a dud...

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Lou Reed - The New York Album
Pulp - The Park Is Mine

Something Velvet Underground would be pretty sweet too. I belive there was a video made for the reunion tour.

and who else here thinks that Austin City Limits needs to start releasing its concerts on DVD. They have a plethora of outstanding concerts in there library. And the HBO Reverb concert series should see the light of day too.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
If Chuck L can mention Expose', I have to toss my hat into the ring and give a nod to Samantha Fox.

I tell ya, she has a great pair of lungs in more ways than one, and a compilation of her music videos would kick.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Toss in that nude video she did in 1996 as well. BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNG! ;)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Here is my wishlist:

Live Concerts:

MINISTRY : IN CASE YOU DIDN"T FEEL LIKE SHOWING UP LIVE
RAMONES: ADIOS AMIGOS
RAMONES: AROUND THE WORLD WITH THE RAMONES
DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION PARTS 1, 2 & 3
URGH: A MUSIC WAR

Video Comps:

RAMONES : LIFESTYLES OF THE RAMONES
NINE INCH NAILS

-Ian

m.cellophane

Agent
Real Name
James
I'll second the call for The Bette Midler Show and also ask for Bette Midler: Art or Bust and Bette Midler: Diva Las Vegas (which has an R2 release! c'mon!)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
John,

I didn't even think about Sam until you mentioned her. That would be a great comp. as well. After all, "naughty girls need love too..."

(Let's just totally go 80's retro and say Lisa Lisa and The Cult Jam as well!)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
One's i'd like to see:

ELTON JOHN: LIVE IN AUSTRALIA
AL JARREAU: LIVE IN LONDON
PAUL SIMON: THE CONCERT IN CENTRAL PARK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks