What's new

Most wanted Music Videos & Concerts on DVD? (1 Viewer)

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

I believe the Bangles are working on a live DVD for release sometime in 2004...most likely from their September 23, 2000 performance at the Hollywood House of Blues (which was shot in Hi-Def so hopefully we'll get an anamorphic release!)

I'd like to see the original 'License to Ill'-era Beastie Boys video compilation released as well as their 'Skills to Pay the Bills'. Throw in the original Duran Duran video compilation with "Lonely In Your Nightmare", "Night Boat", "Careless Memories", and "My Own Way" for good measure, along with Madonna's first video collection including "Everybody" and "Burning Up"...

Heinz W

Second Unit
Besides Pink Floyd's Pulse I'd like to see The Grateful Dead movie (1974). AFAIK it's not out on DVD yet, though there are seemingly dozens of other Dead DVDs out. Perhaps there are rights issues involved?

I doubt any release will ever top last year's Led Zeppelin DVD, at least for me. It is by far the best concert DVD I own.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime Videos

Iron Maiden: 12 Wasted Years (Id love to see an updated version of this reflecting the band history since)
Iron Maiden: Live After Death (If they can do to this what they did with Rock In Rio, Id be in Maiden heaven)

Pink Floyd: Pulse

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Dead Can Dance - 'Toward The WIthin' (Available Only in the boxset)

Sonic Youth/Nirvana - 1991 'The Year Punk Broke'

Pink Floyd - Anything not yet released on dvd

AlexBC

Second Unit
I'd love to see:

Aerosmith (all the videos)
Iron Maiden (Live After Death)
Metallica (all the videos)
Blind Guardian (anything at all)
Black Sabbath (all the videos)
Madonna (all the videos)

NO CHEAP DD 2.0!!!!!
all music stuff must come with at least original tracks in PCM or DTS remasters.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Oasis: MTV Unplugged
Page & Plant: No Quarter - Unledded

and the following Queen concerts:

Milton Keynes '82
Buenos Aires '81
Houston '77
Paris '79

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
I can certainly go for ALL of Bette's Concerts. Ms. Midler has several good ones...all in better voice than the Warner release of DIVINE MADNESS. Also.....how about LIZA WITH A Z. and the one that was first released by Pioneer (LIZA IN CONCERT) ages ago on Laser disc?...mine rotted a long time ago!!...darn..!!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

were these ever commercially available? Milton Keynes I've seen a bootleg copy of...add to this Queen In Rio and the Christmas show (Hammersmith '74 or '75)

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
* No Quarter: Page & Plant Unledded.
* Fleetwood Mac "The Dance" with a DTS soundtrack.
* Anything by Prince.
*"In Orange" The Cure.
:)

Dom

Stunt Coordinator
Might have been mentioned already but would love a DVD of any Radiohead concert on the HTTT tour of 2003.

Their performances on the amnesty DVD were great.

Also, am a long time Kate Bush fan and absolutely
anything with her on it on DVD would be godsend.

Cheers

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Well when the 2004 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony comes out on DVD I am going to RUSH out and buy it if for nothing else, than for Prince's jaw dropping guitar solo at the end of the ensemble rendition of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - it was simply the single greatest guitar solo I have ever heard!

All the great guitar players from the past, Jimi, Randy, Stevie, etc, where smiling from above that night!

StacyV

Second Unit

You felt that way too, huh? Watching it, I wondered if Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, etc. got irked by Prince seemingly taking over the performance, but man, his solo was seriously an emotional experience for me. I see stuff like that and I'm reminded why I'm a fan of his.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks