What's new

Most Beautiful Woman At The Oscars (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Although I know Jennifer Lopez is absolutely gorgeous, I didn't like her hair! But everything else, well, hubba-hubba!! :D

rhett

Supporting Actor
I thought j.lo looked pretty good, her hair was nice in an 80's sort of way. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
JonZ, thank you for that photo of Laura Elena Harring! I've been trying to find a full-length phone and that's the first I've seen. She's my choice for best dress.

Btw, in case anyone missed any of the Red Carpet chit-chat, that necklace is worth 27 million, and her shoes are worth 1 million. Wow!

The stylists for Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Connelly should be tarred and feathered, then shot with silver bullets, so they'll explode into fire and ash, and can never subject such gorgeous women to such ridicule again. I expected Jennifer to show up looking at least as stunning and dramatic as she looked in the party scene from A Beautiful Mind, or how she looked at the Golden Globes. Instead, she comes to the Oscars with bad hair, bad makup, a horrible dress that will haunt her forever, and a scarf that didn't didn't go with anything that ANYBODY was wearing, let alone what Jennifer was wearing. And Gwyneth...oh my. That hair, that "makeup" (it worked in The Royal Tenenbaums, but not at the Oscars), that bad posture, that awful dress...sadsadsad.

Ebert said on his post-Oscar show that Jennifer Connelly refused to speak with the media (ANY media, at ALL) after she won, which is why you didn't see any post-win interviews or any of those traditional standing-in-front-of-the-giant-Oscar-alone-and-with-the-other-Acting-winners photos of Jennifer. He wondered why, but I know why. At some point in the evening she realized the joke her obviously disgruntled stylist had played on her and was acutely embarrassed. Sigh.

Best: Laura Harring, Reese Witherspoon, Sharon Stone, Renee Zellweger, Nicole Kidman (though her dress was almost too pale), Halle Berry, Jodie Foster and Sydney Poitier (Sidney Poitier's daughter), who was breathtakingly beyond gorgeously beautiful (JonZ, can you find a photo of her at the Oscars?)! Honerable mention to Naomi Watts, Kate Winslet, Marisa Tomei, Danielle Spencer (Russell Crowe's childhood sweetheart) and Audrey Tatou.

Worst: Jennifer Connelly's everything, Gwyneth Paltrow's everything, Jennifer Lopez's hair, Faith Hill's dress, Julia Roberts' hair and the location of those cutouts, too much brown makeup, and too many light earth toned and pale pastel gowns on the women.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You Naomi Watts fans should check out Dangerous Beauty. Naomi plays an interesting character. You also get to watch the absolutely luminous Catherine McCormack.

Personally, my vote goes for Helen Hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks