What's new

Monoprice Super Sitewide Sale - Ends 8/6/2023 (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just bought 3-cable sets of 3 foot 8K HDMI cables for $2.68. That's for THREE HDMI cables. Even with shipping ($7) that's a tremendous bargain for cleaning up the cables at the back of your HT rack.
I saw that. It has to be a pricing mistake. Too bad I have zero use for 3ft cables or I’d get some.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
They shipped my order from Kentucky. How odd since they are LA region based. I used to get deliveries here in Boise in two days but now will take a week.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
They shipped my order from Kentucky. How odd since they are LA region based. I used to get deliveries here in Boise in two days but now will take a week.
They have been expanding, and I think they moved their warehouse to a larger facility in Kentucky to save on real estate costs.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah I bailed out of CA back in 2006 for lower COL elsewhere.
2017 for me, due mostly to my wife inheriting two paid off properties in Northern Nevada, where property taxes are a joke (we just paid this year's taxes on both properties, totaling $1300!). I do miss having three Trader Joes, three Costco's, and two Best Buy's, and several movie theaters within a 25 mile radius, plus a vast choice of grocery stores and real 2-day shipping from Amazon. Now, my nearby shopping options are Safeway, Family Dollar, and Dollar General, with Amazon Prime shipping often taking a week. Nearest Trader Joes, Costco and Best Buy is 120 miles, and only Costco delivers large items to my area.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^I suppose it didn't make enough sense to sell those and buy where you might prefer to retire or something... although maybe Northern Nevada's plenty alright for retirement I guess...

I wish we could've done something like that -- and certainly toyed w/ some ideas like Newport, RI or Connecticut or maybe even San Francisco... or New Zealand(!) or some island off Scotland(!!!), LOL -- but a las...

_Man_

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I do miss having three Trader Joes, three Costco's, and two Best Buy's, and several movie theaters within a 25 mile radius, plus a vast choice of grocery stores and real 2-day shipping from Amazon.
I have all of those in that radius here in Boise, including an IMAX theater. Boise is very much like what San Jose was in my grandparents time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks