What's new

Monitor Audio Silver (1 Viewer)

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone
I have pretty much narrowed my choice for a new 5.1 down to the Monitor Audio silver series.
My question is does anyone know of the difference between the new RS series and the older S series.
I can pretty much get the older larger S2 for the same price as the RS1.

Thanks for any help

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I heard the S2 vs the RS1 last week in a sound room. Both speakers sound good but I thought the S2 sounded better. It has a 7" woofer vs 6" in the RS1. I had the salesman play SACD and standard CD music. I think the S2 goes louder and sounds cleaner when turned up.

I'm looking at buying the S2's myself down the road. If the prices are equal I'd definitely recommend the S2. The speakers were driven by a high end Yamaha receiver.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Greg thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing and going with the S2.
I was just reading over at another forum, and they were talking about how the Monitor Audio products are crap. They were saying they were great years ago, but now are not.
That got me pretty concerned

Max F

Second Unit
Monitor Audio is not crap. I have the Bronze series and love them!:emoji_thumbsup:

I really wanted the S2, though.;)

Trust your ears and listen.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Monitor Audio is crap? Well thats the first time I've heard anyone say that. Monitor Audio makes some really really good speakers. The silver series has won many awards and is highly regarded. I spent about six months auditioning speakers and listened the following speakers which are all VERY good speakers.

Paradigm Studio 100 v.3
Paradigm Studio 60
Klipsch RF-7
Axiom M80(at the house of an Axiom forum memember)
B&W 604 s3
B&W 703
Infinity
NHT
Monitor Audio Silver S8
Monitor Audio Silver S10

Out of all these speakers the Monitor Audio s10 sounded the most balanced to me (the s8 was close but didn't have the same amount of bass) with just the right amount of bass, mid range, and treble. The s10 also have real wood veneer cabinets where several of the others didn't. Maybe the person who said they are crap just doesn't like MA speakers, but they are definitely not crap.
The s10 msrp for $2000 and they weren't the cheapest or the most expensive speaker I listened too, but it was the one that got my money.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Well I pulled the trigger on the MA S2's and they are arriving on Monday.
I'll let you guys know what I think after some I give them a good run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks